Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes 2010: 5 days to go

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He does. I've met him 4 or 5 times & stayed at his house once, but I don't know him well enough to expect the accusations he made to me. I was amazed about some of the stuff he said... basically named players (Pakistan, Sri Lanka & Indian) who took bribes, named cricket people murdered by bookmakers, and named games that were definitely fixed. Pretty mental given he's the former England captain.

The good news is that he said English & Australian newspapers have so much technology & know-how that players from those countries can't be dodgy without getting caught. He said part of the reason the Ashes is so important is that it's as clean as cricket gets.

It must be great to have stayed at Vaughan's house. I'm sure he has plenty of interest to say and he was a top captain. I do think though that we should move away from this idea that taking bribes is only an issue for the sub-continent. It wasn't that long ago that Mark Waugh and Shane Warne were fined for their connections with Indian bookies and, of course, the biggest cricket betting scandal of all involved South Africans. And if we think we're clean in England, remember that the only cricketer to face criminal charges involving match-fixing is English. County cricketers don't get paid much so I'd imagine they'd be a ripe target for bookies. I'd agree that the Ashes is scrupulously clean though and long may it remain so.

I see that Clarke looks like being fit which must even the odds a bit more but still can't see Australia winning this.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
QUOTE=Common as Mook;3817230]The Aussies don't care about the Ashes anymore. They prefer the highly skillful Aussie Rules now apparently. Just ask Tyrone Bullshitums.[/QUOTE]

bullshit they don't, what a load of rot.....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
You may get a Stella and fight with optional rape accusation if you invited an England footballer over! They really are a bunch of unlikeable individuals - not a single role model amongst them.

Apart from that lovely boy David Beckham of course.....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
QUOTE=Common as Mook;3817230]The Aussies don't care about the Ashes anymore. They prefer the highly skillful Aussie Rules now apparently. Just ask Tyrone Bullshitums.

bullshit they don't, what a load of rot.....[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the ritual of UP ALL NIGHT begins in earnest (sp?) for me now, staying up as late as possible then the MUTHA of all LAY-INS tomorrow....if I can get to sleep that is....EXCITED :clap2: :clap2: :cute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here