Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ash barnes goal celebration?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Great goal last night and was transformed into a striker when the subs came on, two against Ipswich. Does great job as first line of defence. What is there not to like? (actually don't answer that, I know what some of you are like)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hands behind his ears? Is he fed up with the moaners???

It's a "Charlotte Church, Anthony Hopkins, Max Boyce, Noodle mines can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating" gesture.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
If i were Barnes i would be right pissed off with the moaners and people giving him shit week in week out. He is still a young striker, and has great skill (ok, not messi) but a talent.

Gus obviously see's something in him, and therefore we should get behind the boy.

If i were getting this crap from the fans, i would have my transfer request at the ready come the summer. I hope Ash doesn't do this.

I can't believe some of the fans that get on Barnes and CMS shit, two players that thrive on confidence (as all strikers do), how difficult must it be with all the moaners and boo boys.

get over it and support your team!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a "Charlotte Church, Anthony Hopkins, Max Boyce, Noodle mines can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating" gesture.

But of course, it was to draw us level, not put us in the lead. I'm retiring for the day I think.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
I had two people moan and moan and moan about him all game sitting next to me, got to the point where I nearly snapped. As soon as he scored I went f***ing mad, was so nice to chuck that back in their faces.

We need to get a banner to show Barnes that he is appreciated and we do love him :bounce:

Yes to the banner. His done so much for us this season with goals and what he does on the pitch and without him we wouldn't be fighting for the play-offs right now. His doing a great job and people are moaning!? If he leaves we WILL miss him. Now everyone get on his back as he can only improve and at 22 needs to know the fans are behind him.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
If i were Barnes i would be right pissed off with the moaners and people giving him shit week in week out. He is still a young striker, and has great skill (ok, not messi) but a talent.

Gus obviously see's something in him, and therefore we should get behind the boy.

If i were getting this crap from the fans, i would have my transfer request at the ready come the summer. I hope Ash doesn't do this.

I can't believe some of the fans that get on Barnes and CMS shit, two players that thrive on confidence (as all strikers do), how difficult must it be with all the moaners and boo boys.

absolutely this :albion2:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Hes out of contract in the summer

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I didn't enjoy the celebration. I find it cringeworthy when an opposition player does it to us, a player doing it to their own fans is worse.
I think he should be above the moaners rather than come down to their level, he is getting paid enough to ignore the moaners. Next time he has a crap game the doubters will now have extra incentive to give him abuse.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
People vwho berate Barnes don't know anything about football and the style Gus wants him to play...it does'nt always work out right,but he is our top scorer...some of these so-called fans ought to been at Gillingham matches...now that was dire footy...this was our record for the first season Which I have on DVD DDLDLDLWWLLDDDLLLDLLDLLDDLLD....Just look how far we have come to the Amex now....save your boos
for the bad boys of the opposition....NEVER EVER boo your own team...it has ways of kicking you up the Ar&e

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I didn't enjoy the celebration. I find it cringeworthy when an opposition player does it to us, a player doing it to their own fans is worse.
I think he should be above the moaners rather than come down to their level, he is getting paid enough to ignore the moaners. Next time he has a crap game the doubters will now have extra incentive to give him abuse.
Take your point but thought it was thoroughly justified & frankly made us all laugh - made the moaners look silly & showed us, as if we needed it, that the boy's got something about him. Why shouldn't he have a little pop back at them - shows he's got some pride punk:

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I have been a huge fan of barnes ever since he came to the club I have both home and away shirts from past season with his name on, and the home shirt from this season with his name on

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Gus never seems to sub Barnes, that just seems to show how much Gus rates him and yet again Gus calls it right as Ash gets the equaliser and then sets up the second goal.

Last season up top we had Barnes and Murray, lets compare the two. Murray got 25 goals last season, Ash 20 goals. Murray leaves for a serious pay rise at Palace and look what return Crapstal get back for him, 6 goals and a serious attitude problem. Barnes stays and he has to adapt to a new role, he becomes virtually an ever present in that postion and is leading scorer, with double Murray's tally (pens still have to be scored and after last season, thank goodness Ash seems to be good at them) also outscoring a (record) £3.5M signing. Another £1M striker can't get in ahead of him and has to go on loan.

He also now has a different role with more defensive requirements than last season but at present still seems higher in the pecking order than more regular midfielders Vincelot, Sparrow, Vicente to name but three.

Ashley Barnes has had a superb season, not necessarily the best player on our books, but if there was an award for most improved player I can't think of too many other challenging him this season. Keep up the good work, son.

This ....for fucks sake this...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me it's simple.....

If you are a true supporter, you support the whole team even when a player has an off day. If you feel the need to boo or barrack our players don't bother coming. Love Ashley Barnes, always have done, his first touch isn't the best but his positional sense is superb, both offensively and also when he defends.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
For me it's simple.....

If you are a true supporter, you support the whole team even when a player has an off day. If you feel the need to boo or barrack our players don't bother coming. Love Ashley Barnes, always have done, his first touch isn't the best but his positional sense is superb, both offensively and also when he defends.
this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here