Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asda - opening boxing day and new years day.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry guys just wanted to clear up a few things i read on here.
Asda doesn't have a parent company, Wal*Mart is not owners of Asda. Asda brought into Wal*Mart so they can use their suppliers to unable them to bring cheaper products in.

Asda has always been and will always be an English company.

As for openings, there are 2 days in a year that Asda close, they are Christmas Day and boxing day.

They pay at Asda is the same in every store. While undergoing training ( first 3 months) Asda pay £6.94 p/h to all non managment colleagues, after 3 months they have a pay rise to £7.24 p/h and also given a colleague discount card.

Asda colleagues are not like most store workers, They have to train for their job and are constantly having to train for new products and protacols. Other then their managers the most highly trained shop floor colleagues are the Customer Services (i know some of them suck) they have to know all the laws and Asda regulations as well as the CPQC (customer product quality claims) system on the computers, asda price guarantee and be able to spot fake reciepts, trust me some of the fakes are good.

Bank holidays are paid at time and a half, and night staff are paid an extra £1p/h.

There is an employee union and all empolyees have access to it regardless of what department they work in or however many hours they work.

Could you clear this up as well please

ASDA Scam

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here