Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

as you get older do you care less

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
who said you did?

this aint going to well for you is it timmy?

Proper internet forums geek arn't you... show me where i said i support two clubs? i said i look out for Brighton results...

Anyway lets leave it here newbie to continue trying to boost your first weeks post count...

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Proper internet forums geek arn't you... show me where i said i support two clubs? i said i look out for Brighton results...

Anyway lets leave it here newbie to continue trying to boost your first weeks post count...

Timmy you have over 5000 posts on a foootball board, who you dont even support.

Anyway, leave it that.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Timmy you have over 5000 posts on a foootball board, who you dont even support.

Anyway, leave it that.

I do... dating back to 2003.... Correct me if im wrong but my ave post count is 2 a day your is.. what.... 20?

I have friends on this board and i like the banter then a few divs like u ruin it...

Why is ur username smoke grenade... are you a scout turned TA or something

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Anyway to the original question...

There are four things that i think effect how pissed off i can be after a result...

1) When you are younger a week seems to go on for ages so after a loss it feels like ages before you can turn that result around... As you get older the weeks seem to fly by...

2) It depends on the league position.. if we were top of the lead by a point and we lost it would piss me off more than if we were mid table with no chance of a play off spot or relegation.

3) Depends on the opposition. Losing to a team flying away from home is easier to take than losing to a bottom of the league table at home.

4) If we lose and put in a good performance it can be easier to take than losing and being shit.
affect

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The odd thing is in almost 10 years i've never rowed with anyone on this site until now so i shall bow out gracefully... and act my age... prefer to row face to face. Keyboard warriors just anger me....

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
The odd thing is in almost 10 years i've never rowed with anyone on this site until now so i shall bow out gracefully... and act my age... prefer to row face to face. Keyboard warriors just anger me....

to be fair Timmy, you acted all clever about my English, then i out banter you by a mile, and now your talking about rowing and keyboard warriors

just chill with it, you got smashed all over google chrome by a fella who's English is very poor. No drama

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
to be fair Timmy, you acted all clever about my English, then i out banter you by a mile, and now your talking about rowing and keyboard warriors

just chill with it, you got smashed all over google chrome by a fella who's English is very poor. No drama

It was the poorest English id seen... It wouldn't surprise me if you were a Palace fan... Didn't mean for you to take it personally... Not sure how u smashed me up by calling me Timmy when i only support one club which is probably one more than you

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
It was the poorest English id seen... It wouldn't surprise me if you were a Palace fan... Didn't mean for you to take it personally... Not sure how u smashed me up by calling me Timmy when i only support one club which is probably one more than you

Let it go Timmy, dont lower yourself to my level mate.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I still care as much as I did , although the rest of life I'm starting to care less about as I'm getting older.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As you get older, there are certain events which occur in your life which put the importance of a football match into some sort of perspective. A perspective that you cannot be expected to grasp at a young age.
Most people after their forties come to realise this.
Whenever I start to take it all too seriously an inner voice reminds me of what really matters.

Saturday night is much better after a good win though obviously.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The older I get the MORE I enjoy some good old fashioned banter. Good bit of reading. Also the older I get the less respect I have for Chris Waddle... Done.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a thread...I came on here to read sensible posts like those from Severnside Gull and Surrey Seagulls and suddenly it fills up with the Spelling/English language police and talk about "You do not go to as many matches...blah blah blah"
You all have to start somewhere as a JCL/Newbie...unless you are over 54 then I've watched Albion longer than you have been on this planet,but that does'nt make me a better fan than you...so relax fellows...Calm down dears...
To get back to the original question...in the early 60s I bought the pink Argus sports,studied the tables,goal average (as it was then) and do you know what? I still get that surge of Adrenalin at matches now,I just have more time now I'm retired to study results....SEAGULLS!
PS Happy birthday for Wednesday (22) b0y!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here