Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

as you get older do you care less

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Do you care a little less about the results as you get older?

remember losing absolutely ruined my weekend

it dont no more

i like to see us win of course, but the results do not affect me like they used too

what about you?

:albion2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Do you care a little less about the results as you get older?

remember losing absolutely ruined my weekend

it dont no more

i like to see us win of course, but the results do not affect me like they used too

what about you?

:albion2:

I still care.

I was annoyed, not at losing, but the manner of the defeat. Men against boys was never so apt!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Definately becomes less important as you grow older. Family, work commitments, etc. Then, when they've all flown the nest you can get right back into it. That's me summed up anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
definately. Yes if you lose, you are a bit pissed off, but after 10 minutes win or lose thats it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's a game of football. There are far more important things in life to wreck a weekend. Although i do get pretty pissed off when we lose to non league teams in the cup.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say that my week still gets destroyed by a defeat but I am considerably more sanguine about accepting that it happens and moving on so I understand what the OP means. The way we played in the second half on Sunday made me so angry that I booked a carer for Wednesday so I can do the 12 hour round trip to Hull (not on my original list of things to do this week). I want to be there to cheer the lads to a league win and pursuit of the play-offs. Pride is at stake! :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I still care.

I was annoyed, not at losing, but the manner of the defeat. Men against boys was never so apt!

I can shrug off some results but it does depend on the manner of the loss. If it's down to the players not trying, inept tactics from the manager, appalling decisions by the referee then I can get angry/upset about the loss for a short while, but it doesn't affect me for days. I can also give credit to the other team for playing better than us. A win always makes me feel better for a while.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Anyway to the original question...

There are four things that i think effect how pissed off i can be after a result...

1) When you are younger a week seems to go on for ages so after a loss it feels like ages before you can turn that result around... As you get older the weeks seem to fly by...

2) It depends on the league position.. if we were top of the lead by a point and we lost it would piss me off more than if we were mid table with no chance of a play off spot or relegation.

3) Depends on the opposition. Losing to a team flying away from home is easier to take than losing to a bottom of the league table at home.

4) If we lose and put in a good performance it can be easier to take than losing and being shit.

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Anyway to the original question...

There are four things that i think effect how pissed off i can be after a result...

1) When you are younger a week seems to go on for ages so after a loss it feels like ages before you can turn that result around... As you get older the weeks seem to fly by...

2) It depends on the league position.. if we were top of the lead by a point and we lost it would piss me off more than if we were mid table with no chance of a play off spot or relegation.

3) Depends on the opposition. Losing to a team flying away from home is easier to take than losing to a bottom of the league table at home.

4) If we lose and put in a good performance it can be easier to take than losing and being shit.

Why do have a spurs badge? we have history with them now, dont get it??

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here