Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As on-pitch announcers go, Richard Reynolds isn't too bad

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not when you compare him with some other teams. Liverpool's yesterday must be the least charismatic announcer ever and he's been doing it for over 40 years. His description of that MOR track that he played as 'the kind of song that stops you in your tracks and makes you say "wow" and then you listen again and say "wow" again' ....followed by Coldplay and Hey Jude. About as likely to excite the crowd as a Jo Brand/John Prescott sex video.

And then there's Watford's announcer who screams "let's hear it for the GOLDEN BOYS". I always expect a boy band to take to the pitch. Or Millwall's effemminate announcer who almost apologises for interrupting your pre-match conversation with instructions about fire drills. "Now if you could just take a look around and see your nearest fire exit..." Completely incongruous with the Orc army of home fans....Or Reading's announcer who thinks he's at a boxing match.

Richard Reynolds (see attached photo) is okay in my book.
clarissa_dickson_wright_1x1.jpg
pencil.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I disagree I thought that he was quite good yesterday very articulate even with a strong scouse accent. Those records you spoke of were supporters choices of 3 to play not his. I also liked his comment about having a safe journey home and hope to see you next season in the premier league. Generally thought that he was ok and I have heard many worse.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I though the FBS song selection won the online vote, what happen to that.

Also the half time song selection was just awful the worst I can remember EVER talk about depressing.

And as for the pa :nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got to say, some Scouse X Factor failure singing the White Stripes is not what I'd expect from a city with such musical tradition as Liverpool.

Always quite liked that announcer they have though. Heard him many a time on TV, he must have the deepest voice in the business. He always makes me think of Ringo Starr (when he used to do Thomas the Tank Engine :lolol:)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The pre match build up and subdued atmosphere was a major disappointment yesterday. The choice of songs nearly made me fall asleep. Shit effort.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I enjoyed RR's heroic efforts to announce the players in synch with the screens before the Millwall game. For some reason the screens ran the line up about 3 times faster than usual.

Oct 2, 2008
I enjoyed RR's heroic efforts to announce the players in synch with the screens before the Millwall game. For some reason the screens ran the line up about 3 times faster than usual.

Not helped by the fact that there was no picture for Mattock , which completely threw the timing out !.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think that Liverpool announcer is excellent. Authoritative. I am sure Richie Reynolds will develop his own style that works (i.e. doesn't make it look like he is trying too hard).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here