Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As it is Man U

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Fergie and Wenger are a couple of twats who can't take losing.
Liverpool deserved the win and it wouln't have hurt bacon face to have said so.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
my problem is there are 24 teams in the Championship we might be playing next season no one talks about, 19 other teams in the Premiership, but as I type, another thread on ManUre. boring and obsessive lazy minded football fans to go with the lazy minded journalists!

Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. There is a championship side that is mentioned more than any other club on NSC as it happens. Personally see nothing obsessive whether messaging about England, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Crawley, Worthing or East Preston FC. 22 players on a pitch playing footy. My personal opinion is that makes it fine to have a football topic about it, those that have no interest don't open the topic?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fergie and Wenger are a couple of twats who can't take losing.
Liverpool deserved the win and it wouln't have hurt bacon face to have said so.

This is where the press have such power. People think it was only post match that ManUtd didn't talk to the press, but they started the blackout the day before with no prematch conference, and then no prematch interviews on the day. It had nothing to do with the result.

LondonBlue, maybe you're right, an even proportional spread of topics on all teams of the football league and pyramid, my imagination that a team 250 miles appears to be on here more than any other...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
my problem is there are 24 teams in the Championship we might be playing next season no one talks about, 19 other teams in the Premiership, but as I type, another thread on ManUre. boring and obsessive lazy minded football fans to go with the lazy minded journalists!

Maybe because Fergie never ever can accept defeat without it being someone elses fault...Rooney elbows a player in the face...does not get bookedFergie/Phelans response"A referees decision cannot be argued with"! Next match...Manure player gets fouled and Fergies screaming at the that he is wrong not to red card the opposition player.He is one whingeing,moaning t**t! Bold Seagull,are you a closet glory hunter?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well to be fair Bold Seagull they are currently the most successful club in England (sadly), they are bound to get some air time on NSC?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe because Fergie never ever can accept defeat without it being someone elses fault...Rooney elbows a player in the face...does not get bookedFergie/Phelans response"A referees decision cannot be argued with"! Next match...Manure player gets fouled and Fergies screaming at the that he is wrong not to red card the opposition player.He is one whingeing,moaning t**t! Bold Seagull,are you a closet glory hunter?

Yes, sorry I forgot, everyone on NSC that doesn't show vitriolic bile toward ManUtd is a closet supporter. Well done. Carry on.

One alternative would be to ALLOW Farguson and Wenger and the rest of the managers to lay into refs without mercy, and have their sets of fans despise referees completely. Follow the leader mentality would have them howling down the house threatening refs and vilifying them out of their profession completely, and EVERY result would be down to the ref and not their team (which is what many of them already do suggest).
What is 'fair', then?

Just watch the vid and make your own mind up about a ref, what's wrong with that? Do I even need Ferguson to tell me if the ref was correct or not, with slow-motion replays revealing most evidence?

I have a replay in mind right now, of when a lino flagged for a penalty to Bournemouth even though he hadn't raised his flag for 15 seconds at the moment the supposed infringement took place. Play it, put a clock on that lino, watch the players changing the man's decision, and tell me what those 2 points taken from us and 1 point given to B'mouth could mean to the league?

At the end of this season it might not make any difference, and perhaps everything will work out even, luck-wise, and that bungle can be seen as a little 'luck' to Bournemouth. Many witnesses said what they thought to those officials at the time, and the replays bore out who was right and who was wrong

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:amex::amex:
One alternative would be to ALLOW Farguson and Wenger and the rest of the managers to lay into refs without mercy, and have their sets of fans despise referees completely. Follow the leader mentality would have them howling down the house threatening refs and vilifying them out of their profession completely, and EVERY result would be down to the ref and not their team (which is what many of them already do suggest).
What is 'fair', then?

Spot on!! Refs,right or wrong have to take control,any dissent shown to his decision... then first a warning that anymore then it's a red card,second time,it's off you go!

Just watch the vid and make your own mind up about a ref, what's wrong with that? Do I even need Ferguson to tell me if the ref was correct or not, with slow-motion replays revealing most evidence?

I have a replay in mind right now, of when a lino flagged for a penalty to Bournemouth even though he hadn't raised his flag for 15 seconds at the moment the supposed infringement took place. Play it, put a clock on that lino, watch the players changing the man's decision, and tell me what those 2 points taken from us and 1 point given to B'mouth could mean to the league?

At the end of this season it might not make any difference, and perhaps everything will work out even, luck-wise, and that bungle can be seen as a little 'luck' to Bournemouth. Many witnesses said what they thought to those officials at the time, and the replays bore out who was right and who was wrong

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've actually watched entire post match interviews (unedited) which is so different to what we see on MotD etc. Recently Wenger was in one, where he praised his opponents, pointed out his sides failings and where they should have done better. The interviewer kept prompting him and prompting him about a particular decision, and finally all Wenger did was agree with the interviewer who actually said "It was definitely a penalty wasn't it Arsene?". The interview the rest of us see is basically Wenger blaming the ref, nothing about him praising his opponents, and the newspapers all run with that headline, despite the majority of his interview being largely honest and insightful.

MotD, Sky, the papers that's all they want to hear or talk about. Managers are always going to protect their team, but currently the BBC team only ever want to highlight decisions. The only way out of this to my mind is for the FA to allow referee's or spokesman such as the 4th official on the day to have their own press conference and answer any queries with regard to the game. We will never see what Clattenburg saw with Rooney's arm to the face, unless we put a camera on the ref's head (maybe a good idea?), but we'll never hear his point of view either, or why Phil Dowd didn't think a knee high tackle was worth a sending off.

I record MotD now, then forward through Shearer, Hansen and Lineker, so poor is their general analysis. Lee Dixon does a good job, but he gets sucked into the 'old boys' cliche's.

Managers have one job - to manage their team and get the best out of them. If they're poor and that can be deflected by looking at a decision, then that's what they'll do, it's not isolated to Fergie and Wenger, it's what most managers will do. The press however, and sports journalists have a responsibility to report and comment on the game, and they are failing at the moment. Each week I buy a different weekend broadsheet, and rarely see a decent article outside of the top of the premiership.

Real football fans want to read about real football, and not a made up load of hysterical crap about ManUtd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Real football fans want to read about real football, and not a made up load of hysterical crap about ManUtd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal!

EXACTLY, theres not enough talk on here about Scottish Divisions 1 2 and 3 and more importantly the MIGHTY BLUE BRAZIL :bowdown: who also won 4-3 at the weekend with a last gasp minute winner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here