Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a life long Albion supporter i have no interest in Crawley

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wow thats a statement coming from someone like you.

Blokes a Crawleyist. Actually whilst I'd like to Crawley in the league I don't plan to watch them unless it's against us. As for the people of Crawley, having lived nearby for several years not that long ago I can't say that there's any difference between people there and people in Brighton or Haywards Heath or Worthing, all places I have lived in or near to.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have no feelings one way or the other about Crawley, I'd like to see them get football league status though. But the only time I will watch them, is when they are playing us.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think good luck to them. A non league footie club quite possibly about to embark on an adventure into the football league for the first time. I've always enjoyed seeing clubs like Accrington , Macclesfield , D&R, etc. make it to their holy grail that is the FL. In this case it takes on a little more interest being that it's a Sussex side doing it. For the fans of Crawley, good luck, hope they enjoy it, it mayn't last for long, but at least they can say they've been there.

Accrington a lot different in that they were an FL club until 1962, and being a founder-member with such a distinctive name and history, there was a great deal of sadness at the time, which I remember.

Of course oxford United (ne Headington United) who replaced them went on thanks to Maxwell and co to create a legend of their own!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:fishing: or deranged?

Both.

I read that the senior management of Real Madrid, Manchester United, AC Milan and Bayern Munich have recently held a number of secret G10-style summit meetings in order to work out how to manage Crawley's inexorable striding towards domination of the Champions League over the coming decade - how best to channel the increased advertising revenues from the minicab office outside Three Bridges station and the Pound Shop in the shopping centre, for example. People, this is REAL.

I couldn't give a single solitary sh1t about them either - I care far more about any London side we might play than them. Kuipers aside of course, the idea of there being some nebulous county-wide empathy for them from Albion fans is a bit pathetic tbh.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Accrington a lot different in that they were an FL club until 1962, and being a founder-member with such a distinctive name and history, there was a great deal of sadness at the time, which I remember.

Of course oxford United (ne Headington United) who replaced them went on thanks to Maxwell and co to create a legend of their own!

Not really, the team currently playing in league 2 have never been a football league side until recent years. They were formed In 1968 and are not legitimately anything to do with the previous club who ceased to exist some years before.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4013419 said:
I hope they come up and we draw them in one of the cups. It'll be tasty, a derby in the true sense of it's an inter-county game and a rivalry for our younger fans who don't really get the Palace thing.

I remember the last cup game, '91 was it?, I was in the North Stand and considering they were nowhere near as good as they are now the atmosphere was more than a little fruity.

It's all very healthy really.

PS - I know a tip for that little tapeworm problem Danny - "pull the tapeworm out of your @ss, hey, pull the tapeworm out of your @ss, hey!" punk:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember the last cup game, '91 was it?, I was in the North Stand and considering they were nowhere near as good as they are now the atmosphere was more than a little fruity.

It's all very healthy really.

That would have been in the main due to the large CHELSEA contingent that were "supporting" Crawley...

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
That would have been in the main due to the large CHELSEA contingent that were "supporting" Crawley...

Indeed, infact a kind of 'fans united' mix of Laandan clubs occurred. Ilived and worked in Crawley at the time and I know old scores were put aside for the day for a seaside tear-up.

It's like I was saying on another thread, that's Crawley all over. There are very few natural Sussex people in Crawley at all, they're all London overspill or decendents of London overspill. Crawley Town lives off the back of those priced out of premiership games or whose 1st team is away up north. But if they get into the league that could change, it has to be more fun following a real team than a team on the telly.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
I worked with 3 long term Crawley fans a couple of years ago and they hated Brighton and Palace,they are dying to have a real arch rival like we do with palace and they get really wound up that neither us or palace will give them the time of day!

The fact that we are gonna steal alot of there promotion thunder by moving to falmer and hopefully winning the league is gonna make them even more bitter towards us!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here