Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arundel roadworks

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's a nightmare - i work in Arundel and getting from there to my place in Littlehampton is taking approx 45 minutes...and that's going down the Ford road where everyone else is following suit. Seriously considering biking it in soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem with going coastal, at some point you end up either fighting your way round Worthing.
I don't know what the sea end is like but Hill Barn is a nightmare.

Go Storrington.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have been going off at Fontwell and taking the scenic route via Amberley etc before ending up at the Shoreham flyover. Great route.
How is that for constant driving.
From me I could go straight up and turn right at Washington.
But always go through Hill Barn, which is quick either side, but a nightmare from there to Lyons Farm.

I've spent all season thinking 'it might just work', but have never gone for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus, it's a belting drive - you make good time plus driving down Houghton hill on a sunny day gives you a stonking view.
That and the view from the top of Bury Hill, looking is the same direction.
I would say it's the greatest view of Sussex, which by it's very nature makes it the GREATEST VIEW IN THE WORLD.

(I should know I've seen a few!)

explymouthnige

explymouthnige
Jul 5, 2009
Upper Beeding
Ward is God wrote:

We have been going off at Fontwell and taking the scenic route via Amberley etc before ending up at the Shoreham flyover. Great route.

Tut Tut!! not picking me u from Upper Beeding and taking me to the pub!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That and the view from the top of Bury Hill, looking is the same direction.
I would say it's the greatest view of Sussex, which by it's very nature makes it the GREATEST VIEW IN THE WORLD.

(I should know I've seen a few!)

Can't beat the view off Bury Hill. Even better when cycling down it on the South Downs Way...fast downhill which scares the shit out of you, but hard to top.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
From Somerset you are better off heading for the M25 and M23 and down that way...much quicker. I'm in Salisbury and that's what I'll be doing.

Given your username I thought you would have chosen a different mode of transport!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If you have to be on the A27 come off just after Fontwell.

Slindon, Whiteways, straight over to Amberley, Storrington, Washington, Steyning, Shoreham flyover.

I can't for the life of me remember the road number.

I've been doing this. A29, follow signs to Storrington, hit Washington roundabout, straight over and follow the A283 past Steyning to Shoreham flyover. I've actually found this quicker than my normal journey through Arundel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here