Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article in today's Daily Mail

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
It's annoying to be ignored - and very sloppy journalism not to even mention us when we are clearly in with a chance.

What he said - that's just what i thought when I read the article yesterday!!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
At least the reporter in the mail can string a sentence together.
Please tell me that our resident celeb scribe was trying to be funny with the headline with some sort of reference to shearing sheep as opposed to a complete spelling abhorration preceded by a random comma.

Brighton Brighton and Hove News

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The fact that the story credits "Sportsmail reporter" rather than one of their named writers suggests that this was an online-only story unless anyone saw it in the main rag? Most papers' websites are put together by office people who aren't good enough to be on the road themselves. If it had been Laura Williamson, Matt Barlow or one of their other proper writers then we'd have cause for complaint.

Correct, Paul Hayward did once work for the Fail. Some people will do anything for money (and before you say it, yes, I am just jealous).

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Please tell me that our resident celeb scribe was trying to be funny with the headline with some sort of reference to shearing sheep as opposed to a complete spelling abhorration preceded by a random comma.

The comma is ridiculous, but I like the pun.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Ahem. Spelling aberration.

[Please don't let this be a mistake!]

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Hull have the division's best unbeaten run: 11 games."

Assuming they mean League games, I don't think that's true.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Love being underrated at this stage. No pressure then when we storm to Wembley.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The fact that the story credits "Sportsmail reporter" rather than one of their named writers suggests that this was an online-only story unless anyone saw it in the main rag? Most papers' websites are put together by office people who aren't good enough to be on the road themselves. If it had been Laura Williamson, Matt Barlow or one of their other proper writers then we'd have cause for complaint.

Correct, Paul Hayward did once work for the Fail. Some people will do anything for money (and before you say it, yes, I am just jealous).

I think it was in the paper - that's what the OP said, anyway. Surprised by the lack of a by-line though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here