Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article by Dean Hammond in the Essex gazette

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure the experience hasn't been totally wasted. At least Sheringham might have shared a few tips about pulling in an Essex night club, or dished out some phone numbers for his cast-offs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm sure the experience hasn't been totally wasted. At least Sheringham might have shared a few tips about pulling in an Essex night club, or dished out some phone numbers for his cast-offs.

I'm sure Hammond's fiancee would be pleased to hear that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is Barrymore still in that neck of the woods? If you went on a night out with him and Sheringham you'd never come back alive...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He told the Gazette: "Colchester have given me the opportunity to play and I want to play for them.

but he was playing here. funny how he must be having to convince/delude himself that it was a good, upward move. :rolleyes:

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
"We have to take the positives from our performance against West Brom last weekend.

LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING IN THE LOWER DIVISIONS

"We came out fighting against a team towards the top of the league on their own ground.

NOTHING ELSE TO PLAY FOR.

"I don't think too many teams have picked up points at the Hawthorns.

NO, NEITHER DID YOU SUNSHINE

"We know we should have got something but hopefully we showed the fans that we're still fighting."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone who can't pull in an Essex nightclub is beyond help.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Oh well. I'm sure Tooting is just being "bitter" and isn't in any way simply having a laugh at the expense of a fairly average former Albion player.

Of course. Remember though, whilst laughing, that this is the player that Forster and O'Callaghan both stood up for in public during his contact talks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course. Remember though, whilst laughing, that this is the player that Forster and O'Callaghan both stood up for in public during his contact talks.

Well they'd hardly come out and say he was being a tosser.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
If I were a gutter journo I'd definitely go for the scoop headline 'Hammond - Egg on his face'

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Probably because the local hack came round to the training ground with his notebook and pen, and asked them for their views.

Which they could have declined to give. Speaking out against the chairman and standing up for a player? Easy enough to say no comment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would Hammond want Sheri's sloppy seconds?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who can't pull in an Essex nightclub is beyond help.

:D

I did think that as I was writing it. Still, it's good to chip one over to the far post every now and again, just BEGGING to be finished off.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Which they could have declined to give. Speaking out against the chairman and standing up for a player? Easy enough to say no comment.

Lets face it O'Callaghan hasn't got a very good past record has he? Where is he now? I guess the player just wanted the situation resolved as it was creating unrest. Glad it has because I am happy with Thomson in the middle, although I dig at Hammond now for this comment, i'd have been happy for him still to be here.

But I think our man Racon will see us into the Play-offs. He has been the missing link for the past couple of months.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here