Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsene Wenger - nice bloke

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes. He is a shit loser. Because HE WANTS TO WIN. How can that be criticised!?

Because being a graceful loser and having a strong desire to win are not mutually exclusive. We can expect both from people and be critical when you get one without the other.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I know what your saying but he has only not shaken hands twice I think in 500 odd games.

Noone knows what Hughes said to him in the game bit I assume it was enough thy wenger felt it wasn't right to shake his hand.

Remember, they had already played this year, with wenger losing, in a bigger match, in which adebayor stamped on van persie face and wenger shook hands then. So
it's not a personal grudge.

It's also ironic that this thread is based sound hughes, who complains the MOST(hence him being called this week to explain comments about referees to the fa)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's not just about shaking hands though is it. He is a bad loser in that he whinges and moans and complains like mad after every defeat. FFS, he's started already ahead of their game against Hull, and that hasn't even kicked off yet, but already any defeat would be because of the fixture planning.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think everybody is forgetting what a w@nker Hughes is. Wenger is a bad loser, but he even said he wouldn't go back and change what he'd done.. so that leads me to believe that Hughes has said/done something which warrents him not shaking his hand..

And on the subject of fixtures, I think it's completely fair to have a slight moan that Arsenal have had to play 3 times is 6 days and Hull have had a week off.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And on the subject of fixtures, I think it's completely fair to have a slight moan that Arsenal have had to play 3 times is 6 days and Hull have had a week off.

They have had a midweek game and the other team haven't. Happens a lot, deal with it Wenger, you whinging little shit!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think everybody is forgetting what a w@nker Hughes is. Wenger is a bad loser, but he even said he wouldn't go back and change what he'd done.. so that leads me to believe that Hughes has said/done something which warrents him not shaking his hand..

Amen brudda.

Hughes is prize cock. I never understand this obsession with shaking hands because you HAVE to. If I am insulted I dont have the overwhelming desire to shake the guys hand.

Yes it's good to do, but it kinda renders it POINTLESS as a syvolic gesture if you do it even if you think the opposition has been a TOSSPOT.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They have had a midweek game and the other team haven't. Happens a lot, deal with it Wenger, you whinging little shit!

Hull played a Saturday game at 3 at home

since then arsenal have played on the Sunday in Liverpool and the Wednesday in burnley.

I can see why he is raising the issue of giving hull a fixture in midweek against a team who we all knew were in the Europa league(everton) when the fixtures were produced, and then cancelling it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here