Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal's Gabriel tests positive for the plague

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Given that Deli Ali admitting that he has learnt how to use a microwave during the original lockdown can we be surprised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Different rules will likely be applied in the League Cup as clubs always field weakened teams anyway

They're also more time sensitive. Think in the early rounds of the FA Cup/Trophy/Vase games were forfeited if they're not played within a certain time.
Regarding your comments re: boycotting football, thanks, and you're right obviously. I don't stop watching us when a manager picks a team I don't agree with either. I'm not a massive fan of climate change either but I flew in 2016.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I see Everton are calling bullshit on city

I wonder if City can’t play the semi final next week they will he kicked out like Orient?

The game will be rearranged in the event City can't field a team. The rules for the Carabao Cup this season stated that if clubs were unable to field a side in rounds 1 to 4 due to positive tests or depletion of squads due to players isolating then they would forfeit the match and their opponents be given a bye. For the 5th round and semi/finals then they will try to rearrange the fixture at the earliest reasonable opportunity.

See section 5 here https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
17 new positive cases in latest testing, this is getting ridiculous now. Football needs to be cancelled ASAP.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
17 new positive cases in latest testing, this is getting ridiculous now. Football needs to be cancelled ASAP.

Finish the season and finalise the league places as they are now in my opinion

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

We could be below the line after this round of games. You sure that's what you want?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The latest round of Premier League coronavirus testing found 18 people had the virus - the highest figure recorded in the league's testing programme.

That figure surpassed the previous highest figure recorded - 16 for 9-15 November - though the percentage of positive cases was lower.

The 18 positives come from 1,479 tests on players and staff between 21 and 27 December, a rate of 1.22%.

The round that produced 16 positives was from 1,207 tests at 1.33%.

I don’t know but I am sure some seasons teams are pretty depleted with normal seasonal flu but games must still go a head.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Well its a shit opinion since teams got different number of games played.

The season wont be cancelled, worst case scenario a break, but if it were, it would be nulled which would be the only fair thing to do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well its a shit opinion since teams got different number of games played.

The season wont be cancelled, worst case scenario a break, but if it were, it would be nulled which would be the only fair thing to do.

Calm down it was a joke.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We could be below the line after this round of games. You sure that's what you want?

People are dying, people are catching covid. More important things than football. Given we've not played half a season yet I don't think they would be able to finalise league places until at least every team has played every other team once. Hopefully we might get a break towards mid-late April to get games played again BCD to clear those remaining outstanding fixtures and pro rata the points from there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
People are dying, people are catching covid. More important things than football. Given we've not played half a season yet I don't think they would be able to finalise league places until at least every team has played every other team once. Hopefully we might get a break towards mid-late April to get games played again BCD to clear those remaining outstanding fixtures and pro rata the points from there.

People will keep dying and catching diseases for the forseeable future, these fit young men playing football outdoors wont make any difference in that sense. What would be the point of stopping the league? Would they not get covid if they lived lives more like us?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The latest round of Premier League coronavirus testing found 18 people had the virus - the highest figure recorded in the league's testing programme.

That figure surpassed the previous highest figure recorded - 16 for 9-15 November - though the percentage of positive cases was lower.

The 18 positives come from 1,479 tests on players and staff between 21 and 27 December, a rate of 1.22%.

The round that produced 16 positives was from 1,207 tests at 1.33%.

I don’t know but I am sure some seasons teams are pretty depleted with normal seasonal flu but games must still go a head.

Do players usually go down with normal flu ? I would have thought they all have flu jabs with the money at stake

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
People will keep dying and catching diseases for the forseeable future, these fit young men playing football outdoors wont make any difference in that sense. What would be the point of stopping the league? Would they not get covid if they lived lives more like us?

It would help break chains of transmission which down the line will almost inevitably lead to other more vulnerable people getting poorly and possibly dying from this awful disease. Everyone should now be staying at home for an indefinite period unless absolutely essential and footballers are not above that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Suspect that being being 'fit young men' with egos and bank balances the size of a planet and IQ's the size of a pea, they automatically assume the rules are nothing to do with them. Many EPL morons already caught out. Oh, and Neymar looks next up for crucifixion. Just google his party. Mind you, couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. Outside of our homegrown EPL covidiots obviously

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That'll call for Celebrations

Looking at NSC on Tapatalk and check the advert under your post!

IMG_2685.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here