Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I’m not entirely sure actually, but isn’t our debt just to Tony? Obviously that’s still debt but that’s not the severity as actual debt via bank loans and such.

You know that. I know that.

Tragically the wankpuffins up the road seem to get hard ons proportionate to what they call our level of debt. They need help.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think he'll end up at Citeh. Foden in an interview highlighted Ben White as the player in the squad who's impressed him most and I suspect that won't go unnoticed by the hierarchy at the Etihad. They're probably getting reports from Stones, Walker and Sterling.

Also probably the best team for him.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
sadly for our ben there won't be one.

Seem to remember you aren't Ben's biggest fan. Did you see much of him in 2020-21? Did he impress you in the PL, or are you dumbfounded that top clubs appear to be willing to pay big money for him?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he'll end up at Citeh. Foden in an interview highlighted Ben White as the player in the squad who's impressed him most and I suspect that won't go unnoticed by the hierarchy at the Etihad. They're probably getting reports from Stones, Walker and Sterling.

Would it be though? He might end up just as cover for Dias and Stones. Loadsamoney, but maybe not the best move to further his footballing ambitions. Playing alongside VVD at Liverpool, or even alongside Slabhead at United (apparantly Slabhead has expressed approval of that idea) would be better for him I think.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Pep also got to see him man-mark Foden brilliantly at the end of last season. Only a sublime bit of skill and a split-second's hesitation from White let Foden make a world-class impact on the game. I'm with you, if he goes anywhere this window (and I absolutely do not want him to go anywhere) it'll be City.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Would it be though? He might end up just as cover for Dias and Stones. Loadsamoney, but maybe not the best move to further his footballing ambitions. Playing alongside VVD at Liverpool, or even alongside Slabhead at United (apparantly Slabhead has expressed approval of that idea) would be better for him I think.

He'd be mad to go to Utd. As for Liverpool, they have Joe Gomez who'll be back from injury and partnering VVD. That's not saying Liverpool and Utd aren't options, I just think he'll end up at Citeh.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Seem to remember you aren't Ben's biggest fan. Did you see much of him in 2020-21? Did he impress you in the PL, or are you dumbfounded that top clubs appear to be willing to pay big money for him?

i probably saw him play 9 or 10 times on tv. and i do still think he is over hyped, your other defenders always seemed more assured and confident. he has being english in his favour, and we all know 'big' clubs will pony up for english kids.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'd be mad to go to Utd. As for Liverpool, they have Joe Gomez who'll be back from injury and partnering VVD. That's not saying Liverpool and Utd aren't options, I just think he'll end up at Citeh.
Fair point about Gomez - I didn't realise how many England caps he'd got, or just how long he's been playing for Liverpool. Might not be as easy for White to dislodge as I thought ..............

Just imagine Loverpool playing with a back three plus TAA and Robertson on the flanks though ............ wow!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Why would he be mad to go to Man Utd ?

He would get regular first team football including champions league. Also he would forge a partnership with maguire which could become part of the England team for many years to come.

For me Man Utd is the logical place for him to go, oh and it would really piss off all the deluded Leeds fans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He would get regular first team football including champions league. Also he would forge a partnership with maguire which could become part of the England team for many years to come.

For me Man Utd is the logical place for him to go, oh and it would really piss off all the deluded Leeds fans

And he'll be joined by GPott in 12 months time (assuming he's not been on the dole since Christmas).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Ownership of the club is a nightmare, one bad run and Ole will be off for who knows who. Just think Man City would be a better fit for White.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Since most of these stories are either extrapolated from the flimsiest of evidence, copied from other clickbait websites, or completely made up, I wouldn't be surprised if White stays where he is.

But if we assume any truth in any of them, I'd rather he went to Man City as the least objectionable option. And they might pay us the most.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Since most of these stories are either extrapolated from the flimsiest of evidence, copied from other clickbait websites, or completely made up, I wouldn't be surprised if White stays where he is.

But if we assume any truth in any of them, I'd rather he went to Man City as the least objectionable option. And they might pay us the most.

I want him to go to Man U so the Leeds fans will have a meltdown :banana:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Years ago when studying theology I began, rather than assuming a source to be an absolute original, to develop a linking process that I call 'Q Source' mapping (named after the belief that the two of the gospels come from an unknown earlier document).

I have realised that the football transfer window requires exactly the same theory. Yet the vast majority of football fans don't challenge it and therefore make the problem worse.

I did have a plan, given the time I have available to me these days, to use this summer as a study and write a short book on the subject of the psychology of football fans, confirmation bias, and how easily the media manipulates folk's desperate hope for good news about who their team may be signing- and their willingness to absorb lies to satisfy their angst.

I realised that it will take too much time out of my summer this time round so have put it on the back burner for later. But NSC is perfect resource material- even though it has a more mature and skeptic audience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here