Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it’s a straight toss up between White and Godfrey there’s only one winner - Godfrey has been very poor in both games. JWP has been very impressive though, and wouldn’t surprise me if he went as there’s a lack of midfielders.

Mings is absolutely dire and should not be near this squad.

It’s a fringe team with probably only 2 starters for next week but not been great so far.

Can you imagine Grealish running at players and diving to win free kicks in dangerous areas. Then JWP stepping up to take it. Have every team shitting it I'd imagine.

Can't stand Grealish, personality wise and for the diving, but playing style, he's like our Gazza and JWP our Beckham.

I think it's a no brainer to take Ward Prowse really.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
If it’s a straight toss up between White and Godfrey there’s only one winner - Godfrey has been very poor in both games. JWP has been very impressive though, and wouldn’t surprise me if he went as there’s a lack of midfielders.

Mings is absolutely dire and should not be near this squad.

It’s a fringe team with probably only 2 starters for next week but not been great so far.

Sadly I think you may be right. The initial squad was very unbalanced and JWP give Southgate an easy way of correcting that. He has played well in the 1st half.

It’s a shame Southgate doesn’t hold his hands up and drop Mings and take Ben White as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Yes, there is some bloke named Alexandru Baluta on the Romanian bench.

On a side note, Tudor Baluta going on loan to Dynamo Kiev seems a bad move. He would have been better off playing in the Championship where he'd be guaranteed playing week in week out.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
White had a decent first half.

What that first half has shown me is the errors Southgate has made in his squad selection. Mings is showing what a poor defender he is and how sparse our options in central defence with him and the injured Maguire in the squad. The other is that Ward Prowse should have been selected in the squad with question marks over Henderson's fitness. He's had a better half than Phillips and would make a better partner for Rice than him.

So, there are two areas in the squad that need fixing but only one place available.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Can you imagine Grealish running at players and diving to win free kicks in dangerous areas. Then JWP stepping up to take it. Have every team shitting it I'd imagine.

Can't stand Grealish, personality wise and for the diving, but playing style, he's like our Gazza and JWP our Beckham.

I know this is JWP’s selling point. And with his excellent set pieces it’s a good one.

But is he actually going to feature much for England’s first team? Who’s he going to replace? That’s the bit I don’t get.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A gander on Twitter is very telling, fans of all teams all over the country simply can’t fathom why Mings is ahead of White.

Give us a link? I've no idea how to find stuff on Tw@tter - I'm not even a member - so let some of the rest of us have a peal, eh? Please .......

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Not a fan of Grealish at club level - does my head in, but love having him in an England shirt as he’s so confident and direct.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On a side note, Tudor Baluta going on loan to Dynamo Kiev seems a bad move. He would have been better off playing in the Championship where he'd be guaranteed playing week in week out.

Think injuries was the main problem but yes it might have been better for him to go to a slightly smaller club.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did he/we have that option though? Not all Championship clubs want one of our loanees - look at the problem we had getting a decent loan for Molumby this year.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Didn’t watch first half. Switched on for second half. First moments, Grealish throwing himself to the floor with a
mahoosive swan dive. Sigh.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Give us a link? I've no idea how to find stuff on Tw@tter - I'm not even a member - so let some of the rest of us have a peal, eh? Please .......

[tweet]1401585128367788032[/tweet]

[tweet]1401585049963831298[/tweet]

[tweet]1401584543036063745[/tweet]

[tweet]1401584016323657730[/tweet]

[tweet]1401583979740938240[/tweet]

[tweet]1401583932760526852[/tweet]

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I know this is JWP’s selling point. And with his excellent set pieces it’s a good one.

But is he actually going to feature much for England’s first team? Who’s he going to replace? That’s the bit I don’t get.

Well. Quite. It's all well and good that he can take a great corner. But pretty pointless if he's warming the bench.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I don’t know how to link you a trending topic to be fair, but mark my words, everyone is blowing smoke up his derrière. As I type Stuart Pearce and Jim Proudfoot are championing Ben to be ahead of Mings. It’s mad.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Did he/we have that option though? Not all Championship clubs want one of our loanees - look at the problem we had getting a decent loan for Molumby this year.

Yeh fair point, may not have been an option. He just needs to go somewhere where he's getting regular football. He's been unlucky with injuries, but even when fit, I think he's just be a fringe player at Dynamo Kiev.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I honestly hand on heart have no idea who Godfrey plays for. Is it Burnley? Everton? Not Leicester I think…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here