Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it should be titled "Sheebo's England at the Euros Thread."

May I guest moderate?

Haha yes! And if there’s a post full of hate from some age old grudge that appears ill just go ‘Bry delete that and ban that prick from the thread’ :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would you not pick White, Webster, Dunk, Tawoski (sic) and Mee?!
Makes no sense. Players in 'better' teams simply never have to defend.

I said that earlier in the week.

If we had quality players at the big teams strolling around controlling the game in a Baresi, Maldini, Blanc et al styee then yeah, they don't have to defend but can at the drop of a hat.

England doesn't have that, we have defenders who do the job brilliantly and we have Maguire and Stones who look good because they don't defend.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Haha yes! And if there’s a post full of hate from some age old grudge that appears ill just go ‘Bry delete that and ban that prick from the thread’ :lol:

:thumbsup: Sounds like we're up and running.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I said that earlier in the week.

If we had quality players at the big teams strolling around controlling the game in a Baresi, Maldini, Blanc et al styee then yeah, they don't have to defend but can at the drop of a hat.

England doesn't have that, we have defenders who do the job brilliantly and we have Maguire and Stones who look good because they don't defend.

In fact, save Stones, the players from the 'better' clubs look even clumsier!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would you not pick White, Webster, Dunk, Tawoski (sic) and Mee?!
Makes no sense. Players in 'better' teams simply never have to defend.

I thought about the 2 Burnley lads earlier. I’d def have them in ahead of Coady & Mings. Maguire was brilliant at the WC but hasn’t been great since at club level. Webster not quite that level for me. Stones has at least found form this season. So I’d have Stones, Dunk, Maguire, Mee personally with White in there too who can cover there.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I thought about the 2 Burnley lads earlier. I’d def have them in ahead of Coady & Mings. Maguire was brilliant at the WC but hasn’t been great since at club level. Webster not quite that level for me. Stones has at least found form this season. So I’d have Stones, Dunk, Maguire, Mee personally with White in there too who can cover there.

Yep exactly the same here. Don't love Maguire but he is a big personality, solid and a goal threat. Those four are the ones. All leaders too. Makes no sense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
White stood out tonight as having a football brain and was calm when called upon. Sniffing out danger with the clearance off the line, then not shanking it.

Contrast to the bedlam surrounding Mings every time the ball came anywhere near him.

White should earn many caps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunno why you lot are so down on the minger:-

[tweet]1400167677235245057[/tweet]

oh.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Dunno why you lot are so down on the minger:-

[tweet]1400167677235245057[/tweet]
oh.

I just popped back on to post this very clip. THAT is how you defend gents. By smashing your body into another player. That’s how dad did it, that’s how I did it and that is how my son will do it.

To be fair, I did pick up a lot of cards.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mings would be my first name on the team sheet

If I was an NFL manager.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
My TV picture wasn't that great and when Ben White came on,the commentator said"we are going to A back three then"but it looked gimme like Ben White was in midfield.
Was he in midfield or the back three?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
After Ben whites calm and assured midfield performance, surely it makes sense for Southgate to take him.
A quality defender who is also very capable in midfield.
It must be on Southgates mind because he played him in midfield tonight.
I also agree with others that say Southgate should just pick our back three.
Webster, Dunk,White.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here