Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's out. Look at the poor kids face. Gutting.
White or Ward-Prowse most likely to replace.

I think we need cover at centre back, I really really do.

Maguire unlikely to be fit until the knock out rounds, Stones always has a catastrophic moment in him, Coady is out of form and Mings is well.....Mings.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If TAA drops out, it could save the idiot from taking four right backs. What's the betting he'll be on the phone to Wan Bisaka this evening?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Don’t think it was a free kick, didn’t the ref blow because Pickford was injured leaping into his own player?

Yeah the ref stopped the game so Godfrey and Pickford could get treatment, game restarted with an uncontested drop ball.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely White has to be the best fit to replace TAA? Never like to see any player injured but I’m sure Trent’s done his hammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Goal line clearance from White. Free kick, but it looked good.

Not sure it was a foul. Think he just blew the whistle as the goalkeeper was injured. White looked more at home than Godfrey.
Re TAA injury, surely we could do with someone who can cover right back, centre back and defensive midfield?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
England’s Ben White keeps England in the cup with a goal line clearance at the death [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Grealish being fit and playing like that is a huge plus. White did very well - amazing to see little old Brighton with a young full England international.

Shame for TAA but if he’s out hopefully Lingard will take his place in the squad so every cloud.

Not long now - Come on England!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think we need cover at centre back, I really really do.

Maguire unlikely to be fit until the knock out rounds, Stones always has a catastrophic moment in him, Coady is out of form and Mings is well.....Mings.

I think we all knew White would look at home at this level. Clearly he isn't a better centre back than Dunk, Webster or Veltman, yet, but he has the kind of attributes that get you very far- composure, great agility, decent pace, seriously good engine, lovely passing, intelligent.
He just looks like nothing phases him, and although I seriously rate Godfrey you can see the difference. He has something that just means it all looks so easy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t think he’ll take White if TAA is out. He’ll include another midfielder as he saint the 4 right sided players were there as the best footballers. Whites not ready for the Euros yet - take Lingard and add some more flair.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Very proud tonight, don’t think Ben could have done any more to be honest, Southgate must have a certain level of belief in him by playing him in two positions.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Grealish being fit and playing like that is a huge plus. White did very well - amazing to see little old Brighton with a young full England international.

Shame for TAA but if he’s out hopefully Lingard will take his place in the squad so every cloud.

Not long now - Come on England!

Sheebo, I just wanted to say that I love and share your enthusiasm re: England. NSC generally seems cynical about the Three Lions, so it's nice to have somebody else who is excited about our chances this Euros - come on England!!! :rave:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don’t think he’ll take White if TAA is out. He’ll include another midfielder as he saint the 4 right sided players were there as the best footballers. Whites not ready for the Euros yet - take Lingard and add some more flair.

What does 'being ready for the Euros' entail?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here