Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
BBC sports webpage playing a blinder tonight - no team selections showing (and can't find any for the Holland - Scotland match either), and according to them New Zealand are still 217 for 3.

Is this what we pay our licence fee for, blah, blah, blah ................... rinse and repeat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst you're correct, football is hyperbolic, particularly in the ground, How many times have you heard "you're a disgrace Ref!" (he's just missed a marginal hand ball that you saw perfectly from the north end of Row U of the West Upper), "get him ****ing off" (midfielder has missed difficult chance off balance whilst under pressure from the best defender in the league) or "we're gonna win the league / going up, going up" (1-0 up at half time to Milton Keynes Dongs). When a player went down at the Goldstone the North Stand used to do a decent rendition of the Funeral March.

I have to say that's what attracted me to football in the first place. I don't go to games to remark quietly to my friend "we look a bit below par today but that was a lovely pass under pressure".

Yeah, but heat of the moment terrace stuff is a bit different to a written,considered, balanced view several hours after the event.......or should be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Randomly stumbled across some old post yesterday where you wished Dunk had been sold to Fulham... how times change!

Anyway I agree with Dunk being better (actually with some margin) than Coady. People talk a lot about Mings but Coady definitely had a very questionable season. Feels like he only gets selected because he is used to play in a three man backline, but same could be said for White, Dunk, Webster and BDB who I all think have been better this season.

Would that be when he refused to play when his head wasn't right?

Or perhaps had been advised by his agent.

Context is often useful as I'm sure you'll agree, I'd feel the same about any player who refuses to play (or isn't in the right mind), as I did with Buckley and Bridcutt.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It really is amazing how f**king ignorant and thick a sizeable chunk of the population are. Even if you think there are better ways of making a point, just shut the f**k up for 10 seconds. Morons.

I think TTK may be past it’s sell by date, in that it’s lost its initial lure.

But I wouldn’t dream of booing the players doing it. Many of whom suffer racism.

If I decided not to clap, I’d keep my gob shut.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Why doesn't Southgate make Grealish wear proper socks and Shinpads. He's supposed to be representing his country FFS. looks like a chav.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Why doesn't Southgate make Grealish wear proper socks and Shinpads. He's supposed to be representing his country FFS. looks like a chav.

You can take the chav out of Birmingham, but you cant take the chav out of Grealish

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Boro fans boo taking the knee. I’m shocked.

I was listening on 5 Live. One moment John Murray was spouting the usual patronising drivel about, "how great it is to see supporters back in the stadium with all their flags," and then when the booing started it sounded like he might faint.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I find the obsession with his socks pathetic. Bissouma most of the season had his socks low and no players wear massive shin pads.

Maybe if you are some Sunday league clogger. But shin pads slow you down and take away from the touch, the smaller and the lighter the better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Few glimpses of unreal link up play here. Pleasing, given 50-90% of these won’t be starting the first game! Little shakey at the back at times - hopefully Stones and maybe Maguire will sure that up.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Looking at Mings and Coady, not only White and Dunk should be in the squad but Webster and Burn must be feeling aggrieved too��

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I find the obsession with his socks pathetic. Bissouma most of the season had his socks low and no players wear massive shin pads.

Maybe if you are some Sunday league clogger. But shin pads slow you down and take away from the touch, the smaller and the lighter the better.

So everyone should wear them then? Sorry to be pathetic like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here