Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Last year we had a load of Leeds fans convincing themselves that ben white wanted to stay at Leeds.

Oh how we mocked them.

This year we have a load of Brighton fans convincing themselves that ben white would turn down arsenal to stay at brighton.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Like us Arsenal had a good second half to the season and beat us comfortably twice. Think they are a club back on the up.

And no disrespect to you Brighton boys but London's where it's at with clubs , clothes shops , restaurants , glitz/glamour, girls from all around the world etc

We do have clothes shops, (although many of them are charity shops) and the mind boggles at the amount of restaurants on offer. We are also famous for our wealth of language schools so you'll find that we're awash with girls from around the world (at least once the travel restrictions are over).

I'm not so sure about the clubs and the glitz / glamour side of things. Perhaps someone more in the know can shed some light on that?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. “Bouncing threads”? You mean replying to a thread that’s fairly active?

Maybe you’re taking things a bit too seriously. To get so angry about someone a couple of tweets (and again, it’s not like I’m the only one doing so). That’s truly a bizarre mindset.

OK, it wasn't worded that effectively, but the point is comprehensible. Posters don't need to get their post count too high, particularly when it's just circulating twitter drivel.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

OK, it wasn't worded that effectively, but the point is comprehensible. Posters don't need to get their post count too high, particularly when it's just circulating twitter drivel.

That’s cool. I’m hardly the only person here posting Twitter links though am I.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We do have clothes shops, (although many of them are charity shops) and the mind boggles at the amount of restaurants on offer. We are also famous for our wealth of language schools so you'll find that we're awash with girls from around the world (at least once the travel restrictions are over).

I'm not so sure about the clubs and the glitz / glamour side of things. Perhaps someone more in the know can shed some light on that?
You don't know footballers very well do you ;)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't want Ben to leave but if we can get £50m for him we'd be nuts to not accept it. Tony is not a billionaire like other Premier league owners, so it's unfair for him to keep pumping in his own funds after everything he has provided the club.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

Well at the risk of antagonising the self appointed NSC thread police… Sky’s Dharmesh has claimed he’s spoken to a source close to Ben and says he wants to move.

[tweet]1415673776516128780[/tweet]

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Last year we had a load of Leeds fans convincing themselves that ben white wanted to stay at Leeds.

Oh how we mocked them.

This year we have a load of Brighton fans convincing themselves that ben white would turn down arsenal to stay at brighton.

I do have some sympathy with your views here.

The bid for White looks pretty chunky. Can’t see him turning down a big wage increase, And what if he gets injured or we have a bad start to the season?

We could be forced sellers for less.

Tony’s dilemma…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Oh how we mocked them.

It’s not a question of Ben White turning down Arsenal to stay at Brighton, it’s Brighton telling Arsenal to go away and think again until they can come up with enough money. If that’s £80m (just as an example figure) rather than £50m, then fair enough.

Ben White is under contract. He stays unless we decide we are happy to let him go!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If Arsenal want to pay £50 m for White , take the money and move on . For £20m the club could buy a high class replacement & have an additional £28-30m in the bank for more transfer business .

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I don't want Ben to leave but if we can get £50m for him we'd be nuts to not accept it. Tony is not a billionaire like other Premier league owners, so it's unfair for him to keep pumping in his own funds after everything he has provided the club.

Apologies if i am being whooshed here but....

I am sure his net worth has probably taken a bit of a kicking in the last 18 months, but if you think he has spent £300m plus and counting on the Albion without being a 'billionaire', then i think you are wrong!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
It’s not a question of Ben White turning down Arsenal to stay at Brighton, it’s Brighton telling Arsenal to go away and think again until they can come up with enough money. If that’s £80m (just as an example figure) rather than £50m, then fair enough.

Ben White is under contract. He stays unless we decide we are happy to let him go!

we all get that. But this thread is turning into repetition of last year only with the shoe on the other foot.

Ben would be off in a shot if allowed to go to arsenal. Anyone denying that are as clueless as the Leeds through and through clan from last year.

Last edited:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Apologies if i am being whooshed here but....

I am sure his net worth has probably taken a bit of a kicking in the last 18 months, but if you think he has spent £300m plus and counting on the Albion without being a 'billionaire', then i think you are wrong!

I'm not sure that is true - in the main the rich have got richer and the poor poorer during this pandemic. Billionaires, particulalry with Tech interests, have done extremely well.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

I’m fairly sure Tony (and Paul) will have a value in mind and will have no issue accepting the offer if that value is met. Fortunately we were smart enough to reject Leeds paltry offers last summer and to strengthen our position further by extending Ben’s contract.

We have all the cards in this situation. If Ben goes I expect a great deal for the club.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I'm not sure that is true - in the main the rich have got richer and the poor poorer during this pandemic. Billionaires, particulalry with Tech interests, have done extremely well.

No one knows for sure and I dont know what 'tech interest' TB has, but i have summised that his net assets have taken a bit of a hit based on a chunk of his wealth being in commercial property, which has obviously dropped a bit of late. I am not suggesting he is on his uppers!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I think Tony is very much a billionaire.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
we all get that. But this thread is turning into repetition of last year only with the shoe on the other foot.

Ben would be off in a shot if allowed to go to arsenal. Anyone denying that are as clueless as the Leeds through and through clan from last year.

I totally get where you’re coming from, but I think comparing our attitude to that of the Leeds free Ben White stuff is a bit OTT.

The main point I wanted to make was that it’s the Club’s decision whether to sell him or not, not Mr White’s as to whether he wants to go.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I totally get where you’re coming from, but I think comparing our attitude to that of the Leeds free Ben White stuff is a bit OTT.

The main point I wanted to make was that it’s the Club’s decision whether to sell him or not, not Mr White’s as to whether he wants to go.

Im with you on both points in all reality.

Im just getting a sense that some people on here think that Ben White would further his ambitions by staying at Brighton rather than Arsenal. Now lets not get all deluded people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here