Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Whats going on there apparently Theo is up for grabs now as he has rejected a new contract and could be sold this week. :nono:

I cant read the article as times posted it on twitter and its a pay site :nono:

Really dont think they will get top 6

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think Walcott became the player they wanted him to be. Bullet-paced, yes, but still can't really provide that killer ball or position himself well enough to either be on the end of other people's hard work or help out in defence. If they get £12m for him now, they should be fairly pleased, i think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think Walcott became the player they wanted him to be. Bullet-paced, yes, but still can't really provide that killer ball or position himself well enough to either be on the end of other people's hard work or help out in defence. If they get £12m for him now, they should be fairly pleased, i think.
Agreed. Tailor-made for Everton or Newcastle I should think.

D

Deleted member 18477

Theo ain't that good anyway for them. 1 in every 10 he's good. Other 9 very average for a top 4 team. I like what Wenger has built, they should look at jesus navas, Llorente and another defensive midfielder now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
surprising if true. he hasn't developed as a winger its true, but i really think he would come up with the goods if played as striker: receive ball, beat man shoot on goal. dozen or so goals a season from the wing shows he has something there.

of course if he has rejected a contract the issue is more likly down to agents stiring the pot.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jesus Navas has chronic home sickness and can barely leave his home town.

I remember when he first started playing for Sevilla and they often didn't even take him to away games because he was so bad. Obviously that was years ago, he even plays abroad in Europe for them now, but if he ever plays domestic football outside Spain I shall be amazed. Brilliant talent, but no better than Walcott. Don't get blinded by his being Spanish.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I hope he hasn't made the same mistake twice with the signing of Oxo... Neither player seems to be cutting the mustard at the top level!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I hope he hasn't made the same mistake twice with the signing of Oxo... Neither player seems to be cutting the mustard at the top level!

I'm surprised with that comment, I think that the Ox is miles ahead in his development and looks like a top player. Ripped AC Milan apart last season at 17/18!

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Walcott really isnt all that. He only turns up occasionally, the rest of the time he is useless. Arsenal have made some quality signing (cazorla especially) they will make top four as usual.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should still be another pay day for Southampton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm surprised with that comment, I think that the Ox is miles ahead in his development and looks like a top player.

aye, Oxlade is completely different kettle of dolphins. Walcott is an instinct player, he works simply and effectively on impulse. if he dwells for a couple of seconds it falls apart and makes poor decisions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should still be another pay day for Southampton.

I don't think so as Arsenal paid a lot less than the original fee for Walcott as it was supposed to be in three payments yet they were desperate for cash at the time so doubt no sell on clause.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Have to agree, he has barely progressed in 6 years. Not quite the same player, but Oxy-Chambermaid has progressed more in a year than Theo has in 6. The Arse fans I know want them to get rid now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here