Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
10/1 to win the league next season, most people will think i'm mad bit this COULD look like a good bet.

In:

Samba
Cahill
Gervinho
Hazard

Out:

Bentner
Delilson
Chamakh
Squilachi

Assuming this happens and Fabregas/ Nasri stay they'll have a very strong squad!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
didn't we have this from someone either last year or the year before?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think they should let Fabregas go. His heart isn't in it, he's a whiny little twunt at the best of times, and I think he's starting to have the Henry effect on their other players, in that he's so far above most of them ability-wise, they're intimidated by him and unable to express themselves as they would do normally. They just think they have to pass it to him constantly.

United survived after they sold Ronaldo, Arsenal after they let Henry go. Personally I think they should rake in the cash for Fabregas while they can, get in some new players, and they might just improve. After all, it's not like they've won anything with Fabregas in the team lately, so what have they got to lose?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I think they should let Fabregas go. His heart isn't in it, he's a whiny little twunt at the best of times, and I think he's starting to have the Henry effect on their other players, in that he's so far above most of them ability-wise, they're intimidated by him and unable to express themselves as they would do normally. They just think they have to pass it to him constantly.

United survived after they sold Ronaldo, Arsenal after they let Henry go. Personally I think they should rake in the cash for Fabregas while they can, get in some new players, and they might just improve. After all, it's not like they've won anything with Fabregas in the team lately, so what have they got to lose?

This.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Firstly they've got to make those signings.
Secondly, I'm not sure Hazard or Gervinho are really the answer for Arsenal. Good players as they are, Arsenal all ready have plenty of small, skillful attacking midfielders and second strikers.

I'd rather bet on Man City.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

Agreed. Bizarrely, teams seem to improve when stars leave eg Everton after Rooney. If they get £30million for him they could buy Parker, Cahill and Samba.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now I'm liking Man Utd's chances. As well as Ferdinand and Vidic they have an excellent up and coming pairing in Smalling and Phil Jones who have both been good for the U-21s. Ashley Young's also likely to happen and he's in the form of his life with all to play for.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Right now I'm liking Man Utd's chances. As well as Ferdinand and Vidic they have an excellent up and coming pairing in Smalling and Phil Jones who have both been good for the U-21s. Ashley Young's also likely to happen and he's in the form of his life with all to play for.

They ominously won the FA youth cup again as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
until they buy a decent expirenced center half and an expirenced midfielder, one of which must be a born leader, they wont win the leauge. all those superb players and all the passing and attacking fall short because they dont know when to dig deep and hold a game.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Although Barca are a class above in Europe, in England:

Fergie's spending spree - Jones, Young, De Gea, Modric/Sneijder
plus Man City will embark on another
And Chelsea will too, with Hiddink a great manager

Together with the departure of Fabregas (world class match winner & creator of goals)

Make it extremely unlikely that Denilson, Squillaci, Bendtner, Walcott, Eboue ..... will be champs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal are starting from a point of needing a keeper, 2 central defenders and a fit striker to fill in for Van Persie. If Fabregas decides he's off then I think they're looking at 4th spot at best.

Wenger needs to bring in a marque signing as a show of intent, not just to the fans but also to the likes of Fabregas and Nasri.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Arsenal will not win the league. FACT.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal may not win the league but they'll probably be the most attractive team in it, which is a great starting point when you support a team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here