Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal Youth

Having seen some highlights of what was predominantly Arsenal Youth team, comfortably beating a near full strength Everton; surely now is the time to borrow a couple of these kids to help boost our points tally.

That Quincy lad that we have previously been linked with looked rather good. This would be particuarly relevant should Virgs still be unfit by the weekend. We have several loan spots available to us, I think it may be time to utilise a couple.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed, these boys cant be on a lot of money and could use us as valuable Experience.
Im sure there will be several clubs interested in taking them on loan is the problem.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
was at the game last night and the speed and skill these lads had was pretty outstanding....but it didn't compare to the talent of Virgs!!! :p

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
virgirlo said:
was at the game last night and the speed and skill these lads had was pretty outstanding....but it didn't compare to the talent of Virgs!!! :p

:lolol: yeah right !

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I agree.... why wait until the new year. We need a couple of players now !!! I cannot see the point in bringing in players at a later stage in the season to try and move our way up the table and to consolidate our status in this league....Get some loan signings in our team as soon as possible so that we don't have to be chasing a lower to mid table position too late in the season !!!

Kev the Ape

our squad is down to the bare bones, and MM has'nt made a loan signing yet. I am getting very worried about this. Mcghee making me worried aswell.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton till i die said:
he will come good - he always does.

that Arsenal Owusu kiddy looks sharp though!!:clap:

After his performance last night everone will be after him! ???

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
how about pushing some english talent through? its all very well saying how good these players are which they are however. the english youth system gets let down by the likes of wenger who only brings in foreigners. not that i have anything against this however there seems to be plenty of english youth that gets over looked due to this.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think had Arsenal lost last night then there would have been a good chance of one or two players coming down here on loan. The trouble is now they are through to the next round Arsenal will want to use their youngsters again in league cup.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
caz99 said:
how about pushing some english talent through? its all very well saying how good these players are which they are however. the english youth system gets let down by the likes of wenger who only brings in foreigners. not that i have anything against this however there seems to be plenty of english youth that gets over looked due to this.

Ryan Smith, David Bentley, I'm sure there's others. I'm not sure you can crisicise Arsene Wenger for hunting out the best in Europe.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Ryan Smith, David Bentley, I'm sure there's others. I'm not sure you can crisicise Arsene Wenger for hunting out the best in Europe.

Almunia, Hoyte, Djourou, Senderos, Karbassiyoon, Pennant, Edu (Larsson 65), Flamini, Smith (Owusu-Abeyie 20), Lupoli (Cregg 89), Van Persie.

that was the team last night. i can criticise him if i think he is not bringing enough english youth through the ranks. why should genuine excellent youth players miss out because wenger has hunted abroad.

not denying he has found some good footballers however.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's happened to Aliadiere? He was close to the first team a few months ago.

We'd have him...

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Aliadiere got badly injured during the Charity Shield game, I think he's still recovering.

caz99 said:
Almunia, Hoyte, Djourou, Senderos, Karbassiyoon, Pennant, Edu (Larsson 65), Flamini, Smith (Owusu-Abeyie 20), Lupoli (Cregg 89), Van Persie.

that was the team last night. i can criticise him if i think he is not bringing enough english youth through the ranks. why should genuine excellent youth players miss out because wenger has hunted abroad.

Which "genuine excellent youth players" have missed out Caz?
Unless you have examples your post makes no sense.
Wenger is right to bring through kids who are good enough, regardless of where they are from. I don't believe he is holding back Brits that are good enough.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
caz99 said:

There are obviously lots of English players in the Arsenal youth set up.

Clearly they are not good enough to displace the above from the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here