Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Ok....give my your assessment of Aaron Connolly.
To my mind, he lacks the strength and cleverness of Barnes. He can't hold the ball up in forward positions and Barnes is a much superior finisher and was at the same age. If you play Connolly in 38 games next season, I would expect about 4 goals. If you believe him to be the long term answer, fair enough. I have to disagree.

He's shown flashes of quality but hasn't been consistent.

We have to remember, he's 21, it's normal for players to be inconsistent and that's without factoring in the niggly injuries he's picked up and supposed off-field activities...

A loan move where he can play every week is needed, rather than writing him off.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
for what it's worth i think Connolly thinks he's a lot better than he is , for a forward of his size he needs tom really get stuck in and to my mind he just hasn't applied himself at all , bit of a billy big bollox in the rooney mould without the explosive talent as of yet.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Many have said it. Connolly needs a season in the Championship.
He is (was) a very good finisher. Potentially better than Maupay in my opinion.
He needs to be playing regularly to regain his form and we cannot afford to risk him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Writing 21 year old Connolly off already ....... Kinel :facepalm:

Indeed, ridiculous. He just needs to take some sensible advice and get some experience at a lower level. It hasn't done Ben White any harm and with the right attitude Connolly could yet come back a decent player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here