Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really - let me put it clearly - I am trilled to bit that Brighton won - I think they we 'lucky' but also that they were the better team and deserved it.

I think we would all be uplifted by a period of your silence, now.

You are Arsenal, it seems, is my guess, innit, red fellah. You need to spend some time in the sea before you're fit to shimmy into our tent. Just sayin' like. :shrug:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Enjoy. :rave:

WEB2.gif

MAU2.gif

If anything highlights the difference in approach between last season and this, just count how many players we had in the box for the 2nd goal.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Seriously - look weak - that is a new one. If I was weak I would have pissed off months ago than put up with the constant insults -

All I have done on here is defend a guy who did a fantastic job for the club and doesn't deserve the bile that has been and continues to be heaped on him. Most people on here show what I would consider the appropriate respect for someone who gave his all while he was here - a few are intent on tarnishing what he achieved at the club - all I have done is call them out when they have acted that way.If people stopped with the nonsense then I would not be posting responses to it.

You are not a Brighton fan, just admit it.

Then **** off back to wherever you came from. Knob.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Let's go with a couple of facts:

Graham Potters' last two games in charge away at Arsenal - 2 wins out of two

Chris Hughton's last two games in charge away at Arsenal - one point.

You see - this is the nonsense I am talking about -

Chris Hughton -

two promotions from the Championship - as well as two play-offs

Group stage of Europa League

5 seasons in the PL without being relegated

an FA cup semi-final last season and PL status with a relegation level budget -

And before that 15 years as a top flight footballer - 53 international caps for Ireland (the first black player ever to play for Ireland) - and 14 years as a top flight and highly respected coach (including 3 years as Ireland's assistant manager)

Graham Potter -

Östersund- took over a team that had just been relegated - got three promotions - won the Svenska Cupen - Round 32 of Europa League - Potter's reputation was built on doing this without any money - however, the chairman of the club was recently jailed for fraud when he siphoned money illegally into the club over a period of years - the club is now bankrupt and is being demoted two divisions (and to be clear - this is not Potter's fault).

Swansea - one season in the Championship - 10th place finish

Brighton - PL - 15 games - with 5W and 3D

Before that - A journeyman pro who bounced around the lower divisions for most of his playing career (nothing wrong with that - these players are the lifeblood of football) - 1 England U21 cap - worked as football development manager at the University of Hull - then technical director for Ghana's women's team - then assistant coach for the England Universities Squad - then as assistant coach at Leeds Metropolitan University - then Östersund as manager.

Now - Potter has done a really good job so far at Brighton - but I think he has a long way to go before he remotely achieves the same standard of success as Chris Hughton - but here is hoping he can go on to achieve such success - he will have a very good managerial career if he does - and he may even surpass it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Chris Hughton -

And before that 15 years as a top flight footballer - 53 international caps for Ireland (the first black player ever to play for Ireland) - and 14 years as a top flight and highly respected coach (including 3 years as Ireland's assistant manager)

Graham Potter -

Östersund- took over a team that had just been relegated - got three promotions - won the Svenska Cupen - Round 32 of Europa League - Potter's reputation was built on doing this without any money - however, the chairman of the club was recently jailed for fraud when he siphoned money illegally into the club over a period of years - the club is now bankrupt and is being demoted two divisions (and to be clear - this is not Potter's fault).

Before that - A journeyman pro who bounced around the lower divisions for most of his playing career (nothing wrong with that - these players are the lifeblood of football) - 1 England U21 cap - worked as football development manager at the University of Hull - then technical director for Ghana's women's team - then assistant coach for the England Universities Squad - then as assistant coach at Leeds Metropolitan University - then Östersund as manager.

Now - Potter has done a really good job so far at Brighton - but I think he has a long way to go before he remotely achieves the same standard of success as Chris Hughton - but here is hoping he can go on to achieve such success - he will have a very good managerial career if he does - and he may even surpass it.

Actually you could make the argument Potters work at Östersund is more impressive.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Chris Hughton -

Graham Potter -

so the one is begining to be mercurial and the other is unemployed....... go figure

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You are Arsenal, it seems, is my guess, innit, red fellah. You need to spend some time in the sea before you're fit to shimmy into our tent. Just sayin' like. :shrug:

Here we go again - jumping to conclusions because I have 'Red' in my username - and seriously - if I was an Arsenal fan why would I be thrilled that Brighton just (deservedly) beat them?

As for you saying that I should openly declare my allegiances - why should I after all the crap I have been subjected to for a long time now.

Here is a much simpler solution - how about that people accept I have no hidden agenda - that I am here for genuine reasons - respect that I am entitled to express a point of view that may differ from others - and behave in a decent manner. I will point out that I have never insulted anyone on here - never subjected anyone to any abuse - and if people took a step back and read what I actually post they might realise that most of it is measured, balanced and back up on most occasions with evidence (whether you accept the evidence or not) - oh - and maybe stop posting crap about Hughton as well.

Then - maybe - we could all get along in a spirit of mutual respect.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
#TeamsLikeBrighton

😭😭😭😭😭

Last edited:

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Back in the fold, now? ???

You should be.

This is the best we have ever been, in every respect ever.

Enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Fantastic result, I was convinced we`d lose as we nearly always do against Arsenal. I know it was only league one, but in terms of total dominance at an away game, I`ve yet to see another display like our performance against Peteroborough when we won 3-0. There are many parallels in the way we play now and the way we played under Poyet. The little triangles out from the back. Stephens
and Propper picking up the ball just ahead of the defence to beat the press like Liam Bridcutt/Gary Dicker used to. Another poster said its a football revolution. I think its more of a restoration.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here we go again - jumping to conclusions because I have 'Red' in my username - and seriously - if I was an Arsenal fan why would I be thrilled that Brighton just (deservedly) beat them?

As for you saying that I should openly declare my allegiances - why should I after all the crap I have been subjected to for a long time now.

Here is a much simpler solution - how about that people accept I have no hidden agenda - that I am here for genuine reasons - respect that I am entitled to express a point of view that may differ from others - and behave in a decent manner. I will point out that I have never insulted anyone on here - never subjected anyone to any abuse - and if people took a step back and read what I actually post they might realise that most of it is measured, balanced and back up on most occasions with evidence (whether you accept the evidence or not) - oh - and maybe stop posting crap about Hughton as well.

Then - maybe - we could all get along in a spirit of mutual respect.

No. Show your colours, like several posters from other allegiances do on here and you won't get a tough time. Simples :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here