Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v F.C Barcelona.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
blimey my facebook page is full of very happy Arsenal fans. They did beat barca but are second in the Premier League, not bloody Barnet.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I did fancy them beforehand and backed at 3/1.

Backed them again at 14's at half time and finished £400 in front!!

They were 25/1 just before they scored their first but not brave enough to go in again then! To be honest couldn't see them scoring at that stage

Noice :bowdown:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
put a massive 20p on barca/arsenal before the match, made myself a nice £6.60!

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Hadn't had a bet for ages then week ago Sunday Bet365 called me asking if all was ok and why I haven't had a bet for ages etc. Offered to match any deposit between £10 and £50 so I deposited £50 and they matched.

Then last week really fancied Orient and Rochdale in double, Rochdale scoring injury time winner!

Saturday backed Albion, Colchester and Orient in a treble, Colchester getting injury time winner!

Then Arsenal tonight before and half-time!

These are only bets I've had since 'that phone call' and have just withdrawn £1000 from my account tonight and still got a couple of hundred quid in my account!!

Bloody pleased I was in that afternoon and didn't just put the phone down to the usual 'Hello, is that Mr............

Never done before but may post Sat bet I'll have seeing as I'm on a very lucky streak. That should guarantee me a loser

:lol:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not seen it mentioned anywhere but has antone else noticed that Arsenal's form has improved since they actually started playing the best goalkeeper at the cub? Woijec Chesney is quality, cant understand why it has taken Wenger so long!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Hadn't had a bet for ages then week ago Sunday Bet365 called me asking if all was ok and why I haven't had a bet for ages etc. Offered to match any deposit between £10 and £50 so I deposited £50 and they matched.

Then last week really fancied Orient and Rochdale in double, Rochdale scoring injury time winner!

Saturday backed Albion, Colchester and Orient in a treble, Colchester getting injury time winner!

Then Arsenal tonight before and half-time!

These are only bets I've had since 'that phone call' and have just withdrawn £1000 from my account tonight and still got a couple of hundred quid in my account!!

Bloody pleased I was in that afternoon and didn't just put the phone down to the usual 'Hello, is that Mr............

Never done before but may post Sat bet I'll have seeing as I'm on a very lucky streak. That should guarantee me a loser

:lol:

:bowdown:

take out the rest and walk away

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Probably the best game of football I can remember watching. Two great teams playing their football and not trying to suck the life out of the game to get a 1-0 lead like we usually see in champions league games. 3 great goals, an amazing come back and fantastic last-ditch defending heightening the tension. To top it off a new star in Jack Wilshere, how good was he against the likes of Xavi and Iniester!

Also Arsenal look to finally have a decent goaly and centre half, how good were Sszezny and kocielny!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts:

1. Wilshere's passing was excellent - he passed the test.
2. Walcott disappointing - 2 great opportunities, 2 shocking final balls. Commentators / pundits cream themselves over his pace when his crossing is shockingly poor.
3. We'll never see Messi miss so many chances in one match again.
4. Barca will win at the Camp Nou and go through. Guardiola will put a rocket up them.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Funny how all the Arsenal knockers giving it large on the first few pages seem to have shut up. You cant argue with a performance like that. Hung in there in the first half and were the better team in the second half....fully deserved the win....playing some very nice Albionesque football. Makes Spurs win against a very poor AC Milan look distinctly average. Doing in the Nou Camp will be much harder though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty sure Barca will win but well done Arse for the 2nd half.

Never seen a football team as good as Barca - bit like the Spanish national team. Unreal football in the first half and Arsenal's defence was too high and WAY too static - could've been 3-0 Barca at HT.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let's get some perspective here. After an hour the graphic flashed up that Barca - then leading 1-0 - had outpassed Arsenal something like 410-220. What happened was simply Barca lost momentum in the desire to run rings round Arsenal with short passes. I've never seen so many 4 yards passes in a match in my life.

Credit to Arsenal for keeping going and taking their second half chances with aplomb. But let's be under no illusions - there wasn't much there to worry Barca for the home leg. And statistically Barca's away form in the CL is pretty ordinary, as it's in the Camp Nou they tend to murder sides.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Arsenal, chasing shadows at times in the first half...but boy, did they step out of them when it mattered...to coin a much over-used phrase, that was a great game for a neutral...marginally better for a gooner!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Really?

I don't get why people don't support the English based teams in Europe.

I don't get why people like you don't get it. It's not THE LAW.

Club football, therefore I want Man Utd and Chelsea to lose. Most other English teams I'd go for. Pleased Arsenal won although I don't support them because they play good football and, kind of, represent the English league.

Not everything is black and white.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't get why people don't support the English based teams in Europe.
I used to in the old days when the English teams had British and Irish players, British managers and were locally-owned. Now in Europe I support the plucky part-timers from the little leagues, then when they're knocked out I support the clubs like Bayern Leverkusen who most resemble 'us' (Brighton). Can't really feel any affinity with the corporate money-factories even if the 'factory' is based in England. (And I'll be cheering for Copenhagen against Chelsea!)

I watched last night's game although I don't generally bother with games where I have no interest in the actual result, but I thought the chance to watch two of the best footballing sides on the planet was too good to miss. Glad I did, great game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here