Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v AC Milan - can they progress? [Merged]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, [MENTION=14542]FLOG GNAW[/MENTION]'s testicles survive to the next round draw.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Great effort think they just got tiered in the end and when OX and Theo got injured it was over. Great to see Arsenal bringing through young English and talent now like Gibbs, Walcott, Chamberlain and Wishere. 2-3 players away from being right up there i think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Disappointing night for me. I spent time wondering whether to back 3-0 or 5-0 Arsenal. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I went with 4-0 and 5-0, both 50/1. Disappointed with how it went, the miss from Van Persie was shocking. I would have backed even myself just to tuck that one away. That was the moment it was lost. Van Persie was terrible tonight, such a shame for them. But going out like that isn't a disaster, they have the momentum now to really drive on and finish 4th and bring in the players they need in the summer. Podolski is rumoured, so long as he comes in to support Van Persie and not replace him, that should tick the left winger/striker issue they have and with the Chambermaid looking like a real player, Wilshere coming back in and Rosicky having woken up, and Arteta aswell, they're not going to be too far short. They need a world class left back, Kieran Gibbs is still a year or two short of being the required standard and Andre Santos is a shambles. Another right back is required as well but in all seriousness, the following line up is easily as good as anything Man Utd, Man City or Tottenham can offer;
------------------- Szczesny -----------------
Sagna ---- Koscielny ----- Vermaelen ---- Gibbs
------------ Song --------- Wilshere ----------
Walcott ---------- Arteta ----------Chamberlain
----------------- Van Persie -------------------

They just need to have the squad to support that starting line up. The injuries to Vermaelen and Koscielny in particular have really thwarted them this season, not to mention Sagna being out for so long. Some of their younger players who have stepped in have been midtable Premier League fodder at the best. I feel a bit sorry for Arsene Wenger this season, it's been a lot harder than a lot of people seme to have thought. But, meh, who cares, just another rich London club with rich man problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here