Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal to win the league - GET ON LARGE

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Arsenal play real football, like we try and do here. Passing football at it's best in England. Can't knock that

We don't play like Arsenal. We play like Chelsea, watch the two and you'll see the similarities with Chelsea are more vast. And Chelsea actually win things, they don't just have promise.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I would agree with the original poster about Arsenal's prospects. They are a much stronger squad this season as Wenger's new signings have added some steel to last years team that struggled with physical sides. However, for some reason Arsenal players are always injured, this will be their downfall in addition to not signing a decent goalkeeper (and the ageing and increasingly howler prone Swartzer isn't the answer).

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
are you not forgetting the standard arsenal collapse in the 2nd half of the season? they do this every year. look promising 1st half & then get hit by injuries.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One game. I reckon Arsenal will still finish above Spurs and I care little about the Prem League.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Nope. Good luck though!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have spent a long time thinking over this and after a weeks deliberation, have stuck £300 on Arsenal to win the league at 13/2.

This for me, is MASSIVE money, but I see it as an investment which will make me some serious cash.

Wenger will make the necessary signings before the transfer window closes which will change the odds so now is the time to get on...

An ageing United squad, an ageing Chelsea squad. This is Arsenals year, I am certain.

I expect very few will get on this tip, but those that do I say "Enjoy your winnings!"

Also MODS - Can you make this a sticky. I am here for the sake of all NSC'ers and would make me happy to see a lot of wealthy people come the end of the season :thumbsup:

Did you do any research? Ageing United squad, excluding the keeper last night all 29 yrs or under apart from Ferdinand at 32. 4 of them 25 and under. Again excluding the keeper (as he does skew it) average age of outfield players 26.5... If that's ageing, then blimey, God help us!! :laugh:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Why was Fabregas not playing last night? I had the game on but wasn't really paying any attention, and turned over to Ian Hislop's programme. I did notice though that Man U were bossing the midfield, even though it was an extremely poor game.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why was Fabregas not playing last night? I had the game on but wasn't really paying any attention, and turned over to Ian Hislop's programme. I did notice though that Man U were bossing the midfield, even though it was an extremely poor game.

They bossed the midfield with their ageing midfield players of 22, 26, 29, 24, 29....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal will fall away now as they do most seasons having threatened early season, I hope we are not gonna mirror that

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

They rushed him back from injury to even be on the bench. I don't think Wenger wanted to play him at all.

As one of the presenters said, it wasn't a surprise how United played or set their team up. They've played this way against Arsenal for the last good few seasons, Arsenal just didn't have anything special to change things or open them up. They have a terrible record against the other top teams don't they?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They rushed him back from injury to even be on the bench. I don't think Wenger wanted to play him at all.

As one of the presenters said, it wasn't a surprise how United played or set their team up. They've played this way against Arsenal for the last good few seasons, Arsenal just didn't have anything special to change things or open them up. They have a terrible record against the other top teams don't they?

Width basically. United flood the midfield, but ensure they have outlets wide to attack on the break, Nani and Park hugging the touchlines. Arsenal's wide players, last night Nasri and Arshavin, continually cut inside playing into United's hands, relying on Cliche and Sagna to add the width, this in turn plays into the counter attacking tactic whereby United continually exploited space in behind the full backs. One day, Wenger will realise his team of twinkle toed starlets (and I love watching them play), can't pass through either Chelsea or United, and need to add some proper width to their team. Arsenal play 5 across the middle, and they are all literally 'across the middle'.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
20/1 on Betfair now. Not looking good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here