Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal out of the cup

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so does this mean we get first option on Quincy whatshisname? I know, wages blah blah, but whos to say we'll have to pay *any* of his wages? After all we'd being doing them a favour.

And if we do get him, who would be the best partner up front, knight or claridge.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
with mm selections it could be

knight in goal

back 4

claridge, currie, chippy, oatway

mid-field

cullip, whatsisname, virgo, harding

up front

butters, kuipers

UNBEATABLE

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
f*** off piltdown... joke or no joke mm got us promoted on a non-existant budget last season, we had a great day out at cardiff, and we are doing better than we were last time we were in the old division one. get off mm's back, we have a got a great squad a great manager and he's not doing a bad job. yes we are having a bad spell at the moment but give the guy a break.

fucks sake:angry:

4:3:3 Knight and Claridge with Owusu -Quincy just behind to give the strike force a really firepower.

i've vented some seroius steam muthafuckers.:censored:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It makes perfect sense to me that Arsenal would want some of their youngsters to get 1st team experience now. The players would want it, as they don't want to go from 60-odd thousand at Old Trafford to just a few stiffs at a youth team game.

The players will be pushing for more competitive action, so stiffling that the club would be risking pissing them right off.

To continue developing they need to go out on loan. As a result I make Beorhthelm right, they wouldn't demand we pay a massive whack of wages as they WANT them out on loan to gain experience.

Owusu would be excellent, and is way down the pecking order for 1st team action, so they must be looking to send him out somewhere. I expect some competition for him though.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We had first option on him before he scored in the last round of the cup. I expect that a few others are looking at him know. Could not blame Aresnal of the player if he was to go to a club the right end of the Championship instead of one that is in a season long relagation batle like us.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Don't we want to get someone with a bit of experience though. I'd rather bring our own youngsters through than someone elses. There must be experienced strikers out there that will do a better job than some untried young french fella who probably won't want to get too involved.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
oldham gull said:
Don't we want to get someone with a bit of experience though.
I think we'd be happy with absolutely anyone that didn't cost us any money.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
What is the point of that though...'we'll have him because he is cheap'. Is he going to hlp us in a relegation scrap? Probably not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think the chances of getting anyone on loan especially now is as about as likely as Hudds winning the FA Champions League...ie non existant.

Out team is good enough now anyway. Keep the Faith MM knows what he is doing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
oldham gull said:
What is the point of that though...'we'll have him because he is cheap'. Is he going to hlp us in a relegation scrap? Probably not.

Because we'll have an Arsenal youth player because he's cheap or we'll have no one simple as that.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
dave the gaffer said:
is as about as likely as Hudds winning the FA Champions League...ie non existant.

Thanks dave. I think we got that one :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here