Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal friendly - what's in it for us

E

enigma

Lupolli is a superb finisher, bit lightweight though. Still, he has to be better than what we got.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Silent Bob said:
That's an independent site, made by fans. Putting 2+2 together.

I'd love us to sign Lupoli but I think Bendter or Stokes are more realistic.

Bendtner played and scored in a 2-2 draw with Palace reserves last week - very classy player, good aerial threat too. He's got 11 goals in the Southern Prem reserves this season.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
withdeanwombat said:
Arsenal 0 Brighton 4.

In a shock turn around in form (apart from Albion supporters,obviously) Les Rouges were given a bloody good hiding by an understrength Brighton team today.

Arsenal have since signed Federico Turienzo and Chris McPhee for a combined fee of £6.5m,whilst Cec Fabregas and Thierry Henry have moved in the opposite direction.

Henry is quoted as saying that there is more vavavoom in Brighton as a town,and the Brighton manager speaks better French.
I can't believe we've let those 2 rising stars go so cheaply............Magoo out

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A couple of 18 year olds from their 4th team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Albion's reserves lost 1-0 to a star-studded Arsenal side today in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

Gunners legend Dennis Bergkamp scored the only goal in a close game at the Premiership giants' London Colney training ground - the striker's header proving too strong for Albion keeper John Sullivan.

The Arsenal line-up included a host of household names, including England defender Sol Campbell - who was making his first appearance since his well-publicised absence last month - keeper Manuel Almunia and strikers Robin Van Persie and Theo Walcott.

Chris McPhee had Albion's best chance to find the net but headed wide of the mark, while at the other end Richard Martin produced a great save at Van Persie's feet to deny the Dutch hitman.

Reserve team coach Dean White told seagulls.co.uk, "It was a good experience for the young lads playing against several world class players.

"Some of them are a bit disappointed that they didn't play as well as they can do. Maybe the occasion got to them a little bit but I thought we did well.

"When their front-line consists of Walcott, Van Persie and Bergkamp, it just shows how well they did.

"Tommy Elphick played 90 minutess again Van Persie and Bergkamp. Just think what that will do for his confidence? Joe Gatting is the same - he spent most of the match up against Sol Campbell."

Albion chairman Dick Knight, who was at the match, added, "Arsene Wenger commented to me how well we played out of defence and how we tried to play football.

"He was very impressed with the way our team was set up and how we played football. What a wonderful experience for the young lads."

Jason Dodd made a successful return from his back injury, coming through 70 minutes unscathed.

Albion: Martin, (Sullivan), Reid, T Elphick, Dodd (Fraser), Rents; Robinson (Fogden), Cox (Chamberlain), Nicolas, Loft; Gatting (Gargan), McPhee.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Yorkie said:
Albion's reserves lost 1-0 to a star-studded Arsenal side today in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

Gunners legend Dennis Bergkamp scored the only goal in a close game at the Premiership giants' London Colney training ground - the striker's header proving too strong for Albion keeper John Sullivan.

The Arsenal line-up included a host of household names, including England defender Sol Campbell - who was making his first appearance since his well-publicised absence last month - keeper Manuel Almunia and strikers Robin Van Persie and Theo Walcott.

Chris McPhee had Albion's best chance to find the net but headed wide of the mark, while at the other end Richard Martin produced a great save at Van Persie's feet to deny the Dutch hitman.

Reserve team coach Dean White told seagulls.co.uk, "It was a good experience for the young lads playing against several world class players.

"Some of them are a bit disappointed that they didn't play as well as they can do. Maybe the occasion got to them a little bit but I thought we did well.

"When their front-line consists of Walcott, Van Persie and Bergkamp, it just shows how well they did.

"Tommy Elphick played 90 minutess again Van Persie and Bergkamp. Just think what that will do for his confidence? Joe Gatting is the same - he spent most of the match up against Sol Campbell."

Albion chairman Dick Knight, who was at the match, added, "Arsene Wenger commented to me how well we played out of defence and how we tried to play football.

"He was very impressed with the way our team was set up and how we played football. What a wonderful experience for the young lads."

Jason Dodd made a successful return from his back injury, coming through 70 minutes unscathed.

Albion: Martin, (Sullivan), Reid, T Elphick, Dodd (Fraser), Rents; Robinson (Fogden), Cox (Chamberlain), Nicolas, Loft; Gatting (Gargan), McPhee.

Remind me, do you live with Nod or Dodd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here