Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal agree fee with City...

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Thank gawd for that. It was getting sooooo boring!

Now, just Modric to get sorted out and then I won't have to listen to the same old news over and over again. Mind you, I could always switch off, I suppose.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Season over for Arsenal. Title a 3 horse race, Champions League 5 horse race.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Genuinely Can't see them making Europe if Wenger stays, shambles.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Genuinely Can't see them making Europe if Wenger stays, shambles.

Maybe a bit early to judge that. Have to see what he does between now and the transfer window closing. He'll have to act fast though which is never a good thing.

Think it's a blinding deal for Arsenal though. He's got £25m for a player worth nothing in 9 months time. Absolutely crazy and unnecessary purchase by City in my opinion

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thank gawd for that. It was getting sooooo boring!

Now, just Modric to get sorted out and then I won't have to listen to the same old news over and over again. Mind you, I could always switch off, I suppose.

It will just be someone else tomorrow. More exaggerated wage demands and invented conversations. No point fighting. Resistance is futile. Just stop paddling and let the waves wash over you.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If Arsene Wenger stops being a stubborn git and finally decides to reinvest the money in the squad then this could benefit Arsenal. For Nasri he will probably have to get used to being a bench warmer and his career possibly going downhill like many other players who have left Arsenal for "greener" pastures.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whereas staying at a stagnating club like Arsenal is doing him wonders?

:facepalm: you are f***ing joking right? Quite far in the Champions League every year and top 3 every season for ages and they are stagnating. Are you sure you're not an Arsenal fan? They are the only ones I'd expect to come out with that garbage. Not a fan of a 2nd division team.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If Arsenal replace Nasri with Eden Hazard, they will have lost nothing in this transfer, in my opinion they will have gained a better player. Hazard was Ligue 1 player of the year last year and is just 20 years old, Nasri is 24 and has only really had half a decent season, last year first half. If they manage to finally bring in a proper centre back, an experienced goalkeeper and an experienced defensive midfielder Arsenal will be right up there again with a chance for the title. Unfortunately for them, Wenger will probably use all the money to buy every pacey teenage winger he can find, again.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
:facepalm: you are f***ing joking right? Quite far in the Champions League every year and top 3 every season for ages and they are stagnating. Are you sure you're not an Arsenal fan? They are the only ones I'd expect to come out with that garbage. Not a fan of a 2nd division team.

They're stagnating in that they haven't gone forward or progressed as a club for years and years. City on the other hand are building something to actually take them into the realms of the top European teams (albeit by spending vast sums of cash). Arsenal are still a top club, but any of the top end players in the peak of their career are not going to want to be there at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here