Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal 1 - Brighton 0 (Bergkamp 61)

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I don't think Brighton used only 11 players in a friendly game.. probably the clubs are not showing us all the facts.

Or is it just me?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
seagullsovergrimsby said:
We were doing Arsenal a favour to get vanPersie and Campbell fit by playing this friendly. I'm surprised we didn't sent the 1st team though.

Danger of our first team picking up injuries I guess.

I think a lot of poeple interpreted Dick's comments on the phone in to suggest that Arsenal would be reciprocating the favour by helping us with our striker crisis. Putting two and two together and getting five kinda thing. (Or zero, if you're the Albion's front line.)

Though in fairness he never did anymore than mention the Arsenal friendly a couple of times when supposedly answering a question about strikers.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
I wonder if we charged Arsenal or if we really are just a nice club and did it for the fun of it
If nothing else our reserves have not played for weeks.

efafan said:
I don't think Brighton used only 11 players in a friendly game.. probably the clubs are not showing us all the facts.

Or is it just me?

Albion: Martin, (Sullivan), Reid, T Elphick, Dodd (Fraser), Rents; Robinson (Fogden), Cox (Chamberlain), Nicolas, Loft; Gatting (Gargan), McPhee.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~802009,00.html

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
efafan said:

Or is it just me?

I actually think you might be right, i can't believe we didn't use any subs in a behind closed doors friendly, however still not holding my breath as these things never seem to come off for us do they ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Might be we get a season long loan from them in August.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bailey said:
How have you worked that out??

Why do you think we will? I think that if we were going to be getting an Arsenal striker in the near future today would have been ideal to watch him for either team. As that hasn't really happend I dont expect to see an Arsenal player coming to us.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
DAMANCLAY said:
Why do you think we will? I think that if we were going to be getting an Arsenal striker in the near future today would have been ideal to watch him for either team. As that hasn't really happend I dont expect to see an Arsenal player coming to us.

The only thing that is interesting is that Lupoli didn't play...however could have been injured i suppose

What good would it be seeing him play for our reserves against his own team.... expect McGhee would rather have him training with our lads that playing in that game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bailey said:
How have you worked that out??

Probably because this "special" relationship with Arsenal only goes one way. Remember it was Arsenals youth coach who helped land us with El Turi. If we do get anyone he'll probably be useless

Arsenal loanees (from Arsenal) that I recall

Valur Gilsomeone or other - shit
Mark Flatts - pretty shit
Barrett - shit

Sidwell was more Coppell than Arsenal helping us out

Any I've missed?

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Icy Gull said:
Probably because this "special" relationship with Arsenal only goes one way. Remember it was Arsenals youth coach who helped land us with El Turi. If we do get anyone he'll probably be useless

Arsenal loanees (from Arsenal) that I recall

Valur Gilsomeone or other - shit
Mark Flatts - pretty shit
Barrett - shit

Any I've missed?

Dickov...he was alright

Martin Keown ?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Dickov...he was alright

Martin Keown ?

These were all before the " special" relationship with DK and Brady weren't they?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
blockhseagull said:
Interesting that Dick was at the game.... who am i kidding nothing gonna happen is there

:jester:

DK was supposed to meet with Wenger and Arsenal before the Man U Arsenal league cup game at Old Trafford last season to discuss getting Owusu-Abeyie on loan...Dick arrived at half time:glare:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Icy Gull said:
These were all before the " special" relationship with DK and Brady weren't they?

Well Brady was our manager at the time of both Dickov and Flatts....

The only two we have had since Brady has been at Arsenal are Barrett and Sidwell, and has been said Coppell was aware of Sidwell as he had him on loan at Brentford beforehand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here