Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ARS Membership - Ernest, How many members do we have?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
bhaexpress said:
At least Ernie sees a funny side to our situation, the tragedy is that so many people (myself included at one point) took him too seriously.

All very well, but to quote you above 'tired as it is'

Ernest stopped being funny:
1. After about his third repetitive post about rehashing the same crap.
and
2. After changing from the classic Kendo Nagasaki avatar he used to have to the one he has now, which doesn't work as it's doesn't have the same comedic effect as the previous picture did.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cheeky Monkey said:
All very well, but to quote you above 'tired as it is'

Ernest stopped being funny:
1. After about his third repetitive post about rehashing the same crap.
and
2. After changing from the classic Kendo Nagasaki avatar he used to have to the one he has now, which doesn't work as it's doesn't have the same comedic effect as the previous picture did.

Okay, I admit that the whole ARS thing can be tedious but it's far less annoying than all the petty bitching that's going on. Its lighthearted and is a welcome relief from some of the tripe that gets on here. especially the politics. Need I say more ?

Ernie is like a lot of people, while he can get a get a laugh why shouldn't he ? Simplest thing to do if he bothers you that much is to put him on ignore. This a free country after all and he is perfectly entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with him but compared to some people I think hes pretty reasonable.

bhaexpress said:
Why is everybody suddenly started on Ernest ? Odd bloke is he ? No he's who he is and ARS is a comic spin on the club's situation. I used to get annoyed with Ernie but now I get the joke, tired as it is.

No need for personal abuse though, he's alright and is a genuine BHA supporter.
Those of us who were regulars at the Public Inquiry last year might recall the day that Martin Perry announced that "Ernie loves me!"

It's a funny old game, Saint.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One of the greatest sights of all time watching the Albion was in 1983 away to Southampton. Peter Shilton had recently been exposed in the News of the World involving a bit of rumpo in the back of his car with a bint called Tina.

To enliven a very tedious 0-0 draw, Ernest gave Shilton dogs abuse from right behind the goal for the whole of the second half. It could be heard above the silence at the Dell (it was a woeful game), until finally Shilton came across and begged Ernest to tone it down as it was putting him off his game.

Ernest also penned a superb song about Steve Moran, Alan Ball and Mark Wright, when two of the above were accused of molesting a young lady from Norway.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here