Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrests at water fight in Hyde Park

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not to dampen anybody's enthusiasm but I can't see this being splashed over the tabloids as it could be a drain on their resources even though they have been tapped up. Clearly the papers need to keep their news fluid and not watered down.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not to dampen anybody's enthusiasm but I can't see this being splashed over the tabloids as it could be a drain on their resources even though they have been tapped up. Clearly the papers need to keep their news fluid and not watered down.

:lolol: Very good!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
That guy who got himself nicked was clearly a twat. He was trying to provoke the police (and that was mentioned by the filmer) and ended up getting arrested for his trouble and rightly so. Im not a big fan of the police but I hope that guy got a good slap.

Absolutely, fat twat with bad hair, hope the police dog bit him in the knackers!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I dont know who is more pathetic all those twats bateing the police with their pump action water pistols or the twat who thinks he is the next Kate Adie.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Police called it right IMHO to not take any chances. Cos even the most innocent-sounding Summer gathering tends to end in a stabbing or a shooting in any public place in feral London town. You can see it pathetically building up to exactly that in the video. Still, at least the lard-bucket got his just desserts on camera - and no doubt plenty more off-camera :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Suprise suprise, people on NSC judging from their laptops and taking that moral high ground again...

Looks like a typical OB reaction to me - ruining the fun... Tho yes that bloke in the white trousers was clearly being a dick...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Suprise suprise, people on NSC judging from their laptops and taking that moral high ground again...

Looks like a typical OB reaction to me - ruining the fun... Tho yes that bloke in the white trousers was clearly being a dick...

mate as THPP says these things ALWAYS go pear shaped in London. You can set your f***ing watch by it.

That fella fighting the police has surely got to be looking at time for that. For a f***ing waterfight organised by some spastics on the internet. Good effort everyone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still no need for the OB to turn it violent with there wanky trucheons which is what they always do...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The problem is the police can't just ignore a gathering of that size, but when they appear it is only natural that some people are going to react and kick off. It's a catch 22 situation, unfortunately. But the police wouldn't get involved if they didn't have to.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Still no need for the OB to turn it violent with there wanky trucheons which is what they always do...

mate i like a bit of civil disorder as much as the next man but not featuring a load of f***ing drop outs, local rudies, colonial backpackers, eurotrash and the other utter idiots who will be attracted to these events in London.

this is a football forum we all know how sometimes they can panic a bit and get silly. but honestly i can see why they wanted to pile into this mob.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i suppose you've never been around when a bit of fun gets out of hand and many bystanders end up injured? hardly turned it violent, taking out a stirrer who refused to back off. its called show of force so that others dont get ideas, one man down prevents a far more serious problem developing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:thumbsup:
i suppose you've never been around when a bit of fun gets out of hand and many bystanders end up injured? hardly turned it violent, taking out a stirrer who refused to back off. its called show of force so that others dont get ideas, one man down prevents a far more serious problem developing.

No it was before that bloke got nicked right at the start someone said something about the OB having battons. They insight trouble half the time. Anyways we dont know what happened as we're going on 1 amatuer vid. Dunno why people have to take that moral highground on this forum - maybe they dont take it in real life...

What ninja said was spot on - it's a catch 22 - Sometimes it' great to have the OB turn up and defuse things. Other times it just insights violence.:thumbsup: PS- in answer to your first random yet uncalled for comment, yes i do have a social life :thumbsup::p

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All I'm saying is that the police must have attended because they had calls from the public about it, suggesting all was not sweetness and light.

Maybe some guy got upset because his girlfriend didn't like being soaked, offers the perpetrator out, his mates all join in, and you have a fight on your hands. Hypothetical but people do get wound up over daft stuff sometimes, especially if they've been drinking.

What are the police going to do, stand around and watch them kick the crap out of each other in full view of families, kids and every other park user?

Big assumption from you there. They SHOULD get involved if ther's a major off, but I haven't seen evidence that such a thing happened in any of the reports.

Even if it did, is there any reason to batton charge a crowd of mostly harmless looking types armed with water pistols when whatever incident happened previously had clearly finished. That is a perfect example of police arriving at a minor incident and turning it into a major one.
Having read threads on here in the past there's quite a few who will bear testament to the heavy handed tactics of the Met, so I'd be careful to assume that they had some sort of justification for turning up at a water fight and treating every person there as if they were mob at the football.

Watching that video reminds me of england games abroad when a peaceful situation turns quickly to a violent one because police decide to assert their authority over a minor incident and get all heavy handed. That has the tendancy to make everyone turn on them.

Obviously you're all trained to behave in a cirtain way when confronted by a big crowd, that thing on the video when they draw batons and shout "get back" in peoples faces, I've seen that happen loads of times and it always makes things worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here