Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Armed police in Brighton, do you feel SCARED or SECURE?

What do you feel about the armed police in Brighton?

• I feel safe and re-assured

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I am terrified - it's liek another country

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

Jul 20, 2003
don't like it

I remember going to a water park in Spain when I was a kid and the security guards had UZIs or something similar

needless to say I refrained from diving in the swimming area, smoking or indeed 'petting' in the pool.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indifferent, although I'd think twice before running for a bus if I was wearing a rucksack.

D

Deleted User X18H

There is nobody on the site who lives any where near Brighton to know old boy ..............except me of course but I am not scared:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont have a problem because I have nothing to worry about.

Im white & british and therefore dont look like a muslim! :lolol:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I dont think its anything for us to worry about.Over here in Northern Ireland every police officer openly carries a gun on the streets.

If the world continues in the current climate then it wont be too many years before all police officers in The UK carry a weapon.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I only felt threatened when I saw that one of them was a woman at the march on Monday.

Wrong time of the month and all that...

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Not threatened at all. Saying that one of my mates is one of the armed officers and the buggar would probably shoot me on sight:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TrevorDove said:
I only felt threatened when I saw that one of them was a woman at the march on Monday.

Wrong time of the month and all that...

:clap2: :clap2: :bounce:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not scared - just pissed off that we help pay for all the extra police from our Council Tax for a load of pillock politicians to talk hot air.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Westdene Seagull said:
Not scared - just pissed off that we help pay for all the extra police from our Council Tax for a load of pillock politicians to talk hot air.

Who get nothing done by trying to appease everyone.

Vote Labour

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
haven't really noticed to be fair

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Westdene Seagull said:

Er, not quite. The state is paying for that. So, we are sort of paying it, but so is everyone else. It would probably financially ruin the city if we had to foot the bill on our own.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Er, not quite. The state is paying for that. So, we are sort of paying it, but so is everyone else. It would probably financially ruin the city if we had to foot the bill on our own.

Nearly - some comes from Central Government, some from the party involved ( in this case Labour ) and some from the local authority through the Council Tax from the part of it levied for policing.

So in effect we pay twice ( three times if you're a party member ).

Last edited:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Indifferent.

But four Turkish coppers pulled their guns on me from a few feet when I pulled an antique replica from my suitcase. They made me 'cock it' & pull the trigger. :nono: *parp*

That was fairly hairy - Midnight Express anyone ???

That was 10 years ago - if it were to happen tomorrow, I'd be shot dead, no doubt.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Westdene Seagull said:
Nearly - some comes from Central Government, some from the party involved ( in this case Labour ) and some from the local authority through the Council Tax from the part of it levied for policing.

So in effect we pay twice ( three times if you're a party member ).

No. We are paying the normal police bill through our Council Tax, but the extra policing and security services for the conference are being paid for by central government.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was talking to several of them before last year's march (I was one of the people handing out leaflets outside of the conference centre. Very nice blokes actually. I think you'll find that their weapons are restricted to single shot as well. The rapid fire option has been taken of the gons.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
theres always armed police in Brighton when the government are in town. Well the last few years anyway! a few years back i was driving around brighton in a scream mask and they searched my car with guns and things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here