Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arismendi

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Perkino = Clueless

Navarro has probably been our best midfielder this season. I honestly don't know what team you have been watching.

Excluding obviously Crofts, Bennett, Dicker and LuaLua I would possibly agree with that

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I've been to 27 Albion matches so far this season and when I play football I often play as a holding midfielder. I know what a good one looks like and I know when I have seen someone look out of place.

I guess Navarro is probably your favourite player so I wouldn't expect you to agree with me

He is my favourite player because he has been OUTSTANDING since around villa, you must sit facing backwards to have formulated that opinion of Navarro had you seen him play in the last few months.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
He is my favourite player because he has been OUTSTANDING since around villa, you must sit facing backwards to have formulated that opinion of Navarro had you seen him play in the last few months.

Yeah, I think Villa was the turning point for him. He was awesome against Charlton.

Surely though "Player of The Season" is a little excessive. The clue is in the title. Season. Not "the last few months". Like people suggesting Elphick for Player of The Season..... :wozza:

Surely the likes of Bennett or Dicker - who have been consistently good throughout the season - would be better choices.

If we were just doing it on second half of the season, Calderon wins by a MILE.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah, I think Villa was the turning point for him. He was awesome against Charlton.

Surely though "Player of The Season" is a little excessive. The clue is in the title. Season. Not "the last few months". Like people suggesting Elphick for Player of The Season..... :wozza:

Surely the likes of Bennett or Dicker - who have been consistently good throughout the season - would be better choices.

If we were just doing it on second half of the season, Calderon wins by a MILE.

Going by your theory though the ONLY 2 people in that race would be bennett and calderon, i still prefer navarro over el liability and calderon though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whing won it on the basis of 1 month of effort, not skill. Incidentally over the season I would go with Dicker for allround ability and his contribution to the team.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
You have just described the OPPOSITE of Navarro.

Because he is so fat, Navarro does not move a lot. However, his positional sense/discipline is OUTSTANDING and makes him the good player that he is. His passing, although a little sideways-obsessed is generally very good.

How would you describe Liam Dickinson then? Let me guess....

"Great first touch, wins everything in the air and always stays on his feet. Terrible finisher though."

:lolol: Spot on!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
we have a player called Navarro who is awful positionally so has to run alot to recover, he also can't pass very well but as long as he runs then some fans will feel that the sun shines constantly and that he can do no wrong.

Did someone really say that in public, and then compound it by trying to defend it?

Granted, it was the done thing to say it back in the first few weeks of the season, because he was dreadful and (rightly) lost his place to Gary Dicker.

Meanwhile, the calendar has ticked round, Navarro is a totally different player from the one we saw back then, and I have full confidence in him every time he plays.

You are soooooo 2009.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Meanwhile, the calendar has ticked round, Navarro is a totally different player from the one we saw back then, and I have full confidence in him every time he plays.

You are soooooo 2009.

One can only assume that it is the influence of Gus and Maurico that has helped Navarro and the fact that they encourage the team to play football and pass the ball.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Nothing like a short sweeping statement to make you look an idiot.
So Poyet doesn't rate Cox, who can fit into the middle a lot better than Arismende has managed so far. I have rarely seen Cox relinquish the ball in the middle of the park, and I have often seen him come on and get crosses into the box after picking up the ball in the midfield.
Arismende or Cox? The latter, 100%. You can back Arismende if y'like. :facepalm:

Nothing like your original long-winded statement to make you look an idiot!

I don't back Arismende at all, much prefer Navarro to him, but if it were a straight choice between Cox and Arismende I would not be picking Cox. The holding midfielders job is to break up the other teams play and then pass the ball simply and effectively, and am not convinced Cox can do either of those things.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Hello everyone,

In peace from Stoke-on-Trent.

Just wondering how young diego is getting along, obviously being injured will hvae been a little bit of a set-back but what are your thoughts?

I've only seen a little bit of him so far, friendlies, half a cup match and perhaps a reserve game however there seems to be somethng there.
he definately appears to be able to pass and has a some skill but my main concern was wether he will get stuck in enough to compete in english football.

i think im right in thinking hes only played in a few games for you due to injury but what are your innitial thoughts?

To be honest, he has been injured so long, he isn't match fit so is quite off the pace and with 4 games to go, we won't really see what he can do, maybe the odd glimpse here and there.
I Think Gus is probably playing him just to get some usage of some description out of him so that the loan isn't a complete and utter waste.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely nobody is seriously suggesting that Cox could play a holding midfield role similar to that Arismendi was expected to play at Gillingham. He could play just behind the striker adding support but never as a holding midfielder in the mould of Navarro or similar.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The simple and true answer is we haven't seen enough of Diego to judge.

He's def a presence tho and will prob be a class player once settled IMO

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Surely nobody is seriously suggesting that Cox could play a holding midfield role similar to that Arismendi was expected to play at Gillingham. He could play just behind the striker adding support but never as a holding midfielder in the mould of Navarro or similar.

Sadly I think that someone is, still can't really get my head around how anyone could even begin to think he could play there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here