Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arise Sir Bruce Forsyth

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
he's an irritating little prick! sooner hes off the tele the better. dont mind strictly come dancing but fast forward through everything he says. be nice to be able to watch it properly one day. f*** off brucey, your times up. sir? have a day off seriously! its as bad as the alex ferguson knighthood. oh well done alex for being good at your job... you can be called sir now.

The Fergurson knighthood is far worse, he was a whiney, malicious spiteful little man BEFORE being knighted and has gone on to exceed at those traits since. I don't remember Brucie slagging off fellow professionals competence to perform in the same way as the red nosed whinger does with refs and linesmen ? Fergie got his Knghthood simply for his results and not for how he got them. Brucie has finally got his not so much for what he has done, but, for the way he has done it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was anyone else scared he'd died when they first saw his name/picture appear in the news?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was anyone else scared he'd died when they first saw his name/picture appear in the news?

I don't think scared is the word...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the subject, I seem to recall seeing him up close at some golf tournament years ago, and he came across, frankly, as a bit of a bit of a squeezer. Very much the "don't you know who I am?" type.

But hey, maybe he was having a bad day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Eff me, you lot are a bit harsh. He's hardly Hitler...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If honours for washed-up light entertainers and game show hosts are the order of the day, where are the gongs for Noel Edmonds, Jim Bowen and Bob Carolgees?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
About time too.

this
great entertainer and never really appreciated him until I saw documentary on dance that he done about 2 years ago the man is magic.
+ his starting of the Vets please scan for chips(website) when his daughters dog went missing shows he has his heart in the right place

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't feel too hurt by the notion of a famous fop being honoured by another famous fop. The heroes of the world are generally the unknown soldiers and not those that have their lives reported on or celebrated with trophies and sashes. Let this petty little ritual continue whilst fairly new ones like Rear of the Year carry on also. We all know someone who we personally respect and don't need queenie's advisors to tell us who we love.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Cant think of anyone else more deserving of this award, than this arogant, self centered pompous twat.

You seem to have a hang up mate. As someone who played golf with him at the RAC club, he was the most perfect gentleman I have had the honour to meet. Some great one liners as you were about to play your shot, got him back though with some of my late dads jokes. He was very impressed to the point he asked me where my material was coming from !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully now that he has got his knighthood he will retire and stop thinking that every program he is on is just for his benefit. He certainly ruins Strictly Come Dancing and should be replaced.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife watches strictly and I see parts of it when using my laptop and the parts I do see are ruined by him and his self promotion and feeble stale old jokes that only he laughs at.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Think he deserves it, but I've found all the nonsense about how light entertainment is undervalued and how he should have had it much earlier quite ridiculous.

a) a knighthood is not something you decide you deserve - wait until it is given to you
b) and most importantly, you didn't go into light entertainment to get a knighthood. Neither have the services you have provided to light entertainment not been made 'wprth your while' financially. A national treasure and all but a knighthood is an honour, not something you expect or deserve becaue of a bit of longevity.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Might take him a while to rise from his knees following the investiture - his nurse might have to help him upbefore he pegs it in all the excitement.
After all , why knight a Scotsman, aren't they not English and now ineligible according to their trout, sorry salmon ?
Twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here