Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arise Sir Bruce Forsyth

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
He's finally got it, "Sir" Bruce Forsyth.....One of the most deserving of a Knighthood if any man was !!!

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Nice to see he's finally got it. To see he's finally got it, nice.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
His appearance on HIGNFY with 'Play Your Iraqi Cards Right' was memorable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good game, good game - well deserved IMHO

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably the best result of the weekend

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Knighthood? Bastardisation of the very word. Being Knighted is about great warriors fighting for their nation and putting their lives on the line. They were courageous, honourable and loyal. What do any of these things have to do with celebrity actors who turn up to work for 30/40/50 years and receive a knighthood at the end of it. We don't live in a feudal system any more, we live very much so in a capitalist system, you couldn't get more different.

If you're going to reward these celebrities just for turning up to work (or preferably not at all), then change it to a modern system. The only people in this day and age who deserve knighthoods would be members of the armed forces exemplary in their field and who went above and beyond the call of duty.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Well done Sir Brucey-bonus.

I once tried to have a bit of banter with him at a charity pro-am at selsdon Park GC back in the 1970's. The bookies were quoting out odds over the loudspeaker, as Bruce was on the first tee.

When I called out "What odds are the bookies quoting on YOU Bruce?" he turned around and said "About half what they're offering on you, I should think". And not in a friendly manner.

Maybe if I'd called him "Mr Forsyth" instead...:shrug:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Can't believe it's taken this long tbh. I had the fortune (misfortune) to appear on the Generation Game Christmas Show in 1975. Spoke with him at length in the green room afterwards but my mother cornered him for a good hour talking to him about his serious side of acting, in particular Canterville Ghost which he was pleased to discuss as most people talked with him about his singing and dancing.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Knighthood? Bastardisation of the very word. Being Knighted is about great warriors fighting for their nation and putting their lives on the line. They were courageous, honourable and loyal. What do any of these things have to do with celebrity actors who turn up to work for 30/40/50 years and receive a knighthood at the end of it. We don't live in a feudal system any more, we live very much so in a capitalist system, you couldn't get more different.

If you're going to reward these celebrities just for turning up to work (or preferably not at all), then change it to a modern system. The only people in this day and age who deserve knighthoods would be members of the armed forces exemplary in their field and who went above and beyond the call of duty.

Spot on. I met him when i was on the price is right. He was an obnoxous and arrogant man. Devalues the honour.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just shows where using the same gags for 40 years can get you.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Thats a wind up surely, if not then feck off

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Agree with the military being far more deserving of the top honours possible and thankfully they do with VC etc and also agree with what original the 'Knights' stood for and how they achieved that status and in no way do the likes of celebrity knights come close to those achievements. There should be lifetime celebrity and sport honours inmho but do not believe it needs to be a Knighthood which is imho contradictory in word alone. Anyway a final point with Brucies honour maybe at last he will retire and I will not have to fast forward through all his rubbish segments on Strictly come dancing !! funny man in the 1970's and about as funny as woodworm in a cripples crutch now !! Best Wishes from Sir Rocker959 ' lifetime services to wanking'

D

Deleted member 18477

he's an irritating little prick! sooner hes off the tele the better. dont mind strictly come dancing but fast forward through everything he says. be nice to be able to watch it properly one day. f*** off brucey, your times up. sir? have a day off seriously! its as bad as the alex ferguson knighthood. oh well done alex for being good at your job... you can be called sir now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here