Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus!!!!!!!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We should have no fear about playing teams like Leeds as we have taken points of them before (thanks very much), the problem will be not messing up to teams at the bottom like like year.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
After finishing seventh under Wilkins and then so brutally replacing him (right or wrong, still brutal),I would hope for a substantial improvement to justify that; so when I hear the excuses begining to be tried out before the end of May it doesn't fill me with confidence.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
After finishing seventh under Wilkins and then so brutally replacing him (right or wrong, still brutal),I would hope for a substantial improvement to justify that; so when I hear the excuses begining to be tried out before the end of May it doesn't fill me with confidence.

We might improve, but Leeds' potential to improve is far greater than ours so MA is absolutely right in what he says. I don't see it as an excuse, just a simple statement of fact. They will be able to buy better quality players than we can.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Indeed, nothing wrong wih managing expectations. There will be people out there expecting MA's return to mean automatic promotion, he's just saying it's going to be tough.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
There will be people out there expecting MA's return to mean automatic promotion

When you sack the guy who gets you within one place of the play-offs then thats to be expected. People should have high expectations.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anything other than play offs and Adams would have failed.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Disagree, Wilkins had the worst league one that I can remember to compete with. Adams has one of the best. If we finish 7th it will be a good season IMO.

Yep I agree with that. Wilkins failed last season - thats why he got the sack. It was a poor division last year and 7th just wasn't good enough, this coming season will be much harder - I hope for the play-offs but will be happy with 7th again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Richie Morris;2427041 As far as Leicester are concerned I would be more worried about MK Dons to be honest.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry must disagree with you completely about Leicester as I feel that Leicester will be one of the most likely to go up and that MK Dons will be about midtable especially if as expected Ince moves on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we don't make the play-offs next season then Adams' job must be at risk.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
If we don't make the play-offs next season then Adams' job must be at risk.

I don't think it will. Everyone can see that it will be a much harder job this season and I don't think not getting in the play-offs signifies a bad season. That's in contrast to last season when we had a good chance of getting back in the Championship had the team been managed competantly.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I don't think it will. Everyone can see that it will be a much harder job this season and I don't think not getting in the play-offs signifies a bad season. That's in contrast to last season when we had a good chance of getting back in the Championship had the team been managed competantly.

I don't think it will be a significantly tougher division next season.

Agreed you've got Leicester, MK Dons and Peterbrough all with decent money to spend but we've also lost three excellent teams in Swansea, Forest and Doncaster.
I don't think Scunthorpe and Colchester will pose much of a threat and they could quite possibly be mid table teams.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If we fail to get in the play offs at least Adams will have failed there can be no doubt about it that is why he has been brought in. The league won't be that much better than last year and Adams is meant to improve us so play offs should be the least asked off him.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
this coming season will be much harder

Why? Whats changed so dramatically to make it go from being a piece of piss league to the toughest ever? Not a lot I would say.

Yoda

English & European
Can one of you saying Wilkiens failed tell me how he did?

He was asked to do two things, improve on the previous seasons position in the league and start to bring some of the youth players into the first team squad on a regular basis.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DK said we were going for promotion and we didnt even make the play offs so whether he improved opn the previous season or not he still failed to achieve the aim.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bollocks. the recent history suggests the "big teams" relegated dont get out so quick. Leeds faded at the end and theres good reason to suggest they wont do as well next season (didnt Bristol Cisty struggle the season fter we beat them at the playoffs? ). the teams coming up is a mixed bag too.

as a team that done well with a good base to build upon, we have as good a chance as any other.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
DK interferred with team matters in Dec with damaging results,then tried to put matters right by stating on air that he was bringing in five players,only one of which was a decent buy,despite that Wilkins almost got us into the playoffs. We lost a great opportunity for promotion which will be even harder to achieve in the coming season.Think what we could have done with Doncasters chairman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here