Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Today

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Albion's Cox can be the middle man
By Andy Naylor

Albion winger Dean Cox has played himself into contention for a new position.

Cox was on the left flank when he scored his first senior goal in Sunday's 4-1 home defeat by Crewe.

But he really impressed manager Mark McGhee once he moved into the middle after Kerry Mayo had been sent off.

McGhee said: "Dean deserved a goal. He played very well.

"During a little spell in the second half he was the one that got on the ball and made things happen.

"We have got to have a look at him now in goal. He may be short, but I'm sure with my new tactic, the 7-2-1 that position in the centre of the goal, rather than the wide positions we will reap the benefits."

McGhee insists there will be no hangover for the Seagulls when they visit Bristol City on Saturday.

"It will be easy to get it out of our system, I'll just get blindly drunk like I usually do and run around my other half's bedroom in my Scotland 86 world cup shirt." he said.

"We've been doing all right and for parts of the Crewe game we played better than Brazil in the 1970 world cup final."

McGhee has several ways of covering Mayo's absence through suspension at Ashton Gate.

The most likely is switching Paul Reid from rightback to left winger, although Joel Lynch could revert from the centre of defence to centre forward and rookie defender Sam Rents also comes into the frame for a place on the bench.

It is also thought that Richard Carpenter may be in line for a place as a supporting centre forward. Mcghee says 'Because of Chippy's pace, we really have to consider him where I think he is most effective. We'll try with him up front, then right back and then 5 minutes into the second half, I'll re-sign Junior Lewis, take Jake Robinson or Alex Revell off for no apparent reason and play Junior at inside right and get Gordon Strachan and Archie Gemmell to run around behind the front two. Och eye Bonnie Scotland'

Needless to say, Albion fans continue to be baffled by McGhee's ineptitude.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The most likely is switching Paul Reid from rightback to left winger, although Joel Lynch could revert from the centre of defence to centre forward and rookie defender Sam Rents also comes into the frame for a place on the bench.

please tell me that is made up

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:

please tell me that is made up

Yes it is. Well the part about Reid is right the rest is made up.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please play Paul Reid centre midfield next to Chippy.

Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here