Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus-Suspected drink driver badly beaten

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
uumm suspicion of drink driving when he failed the test by 4x, thats not suspicion...you only suspect if you dont know the truth so he is guilty of drink driving...morons!

As Hiney says, failing a roadside test is not admissible into evidence: it only usually says whether you've passed or failed, and does not give the exact amount of alcohol in your breath.

When you get nicked, you have to provide two evidential samples at the police station, which documents precisely how much alcohol is there. At which point they can say how far over the limit (or occasionally under) you are.

Yours
A Moron

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mr Swift waited for the van to be towed away before he went to the Royal Sussex County Hospital to be checked out.

jerry swift = albion legend AND my best mates dad = double legend!

He has left a message on the argus story.

Posted by: Jerry The MoW driver, Brighton on 3:44pm today

To confused and anyone else interested the falling out of an open bottle of wine when the (so very obviously pasty faced drunk) Audi Driver opened his door was very circumstantially evidence of his condition. Or does anyone else out there drive with an open bottle of wine in their lap?? If I'd pulled out faster than I did yesterday I wouldn't be writing this email, or would from a hospital bed with some injuries. I don't condone unwarranted violence but we are lucky here today that no one was seriously injured (this splitting headache & whiplash will pass, hopefully). Just imagine how you'd feel if your loved ones had been so narrowly missed by this drunk driver. I've gone through it in my head time and time again this past 24hours and can truly say that hem must have been doing around if not over 30mph on this very busy stretch and, ironically, if he'd been doing less I'd have been further in front of him and have difficulty considering what may have happened.

Luckily the local school was on holiday as, at that time, even more children would have been in that location. Why should we citizens have to be lucky that no further harm was done? As to confused and the good samaritan he took care of him and ensured that was not further assaulted, something I also had to do despite what had just happened. Wasn't expecting that and at that stage had no idea what had happened before him hitting me. And also, confused, a newspaper report isn't an accurate breakdown of what happened. He was in an unconscious out of it stage when the vehicle crashed. He said nothing, not even an apology, yet I felt a desire to apologise to inconvenienced drivers even though I held no blame. make of it what you will but this guy did bad.

To confused and anyone else interested the falling out of an open bottle of wine when the (so very obviously pasty faced drunk) Audi Driver opened his door was very circumstantially evidence of his condition. Or does anyone else out there drive with an open bottle of wine in their lap?? If I'd pulled out faster than I did yesterday I wouldn't be writing this email, or would from a hospital bed with some injuries. I don't condone unwarranted violence but we are lucky here today that no one was seriously injured (this splitting headache & whiplash will pass, hopefully). Just imagine how you'd feel if your loved ones had been so narrowly missed by this drunk driver. I've gone through it in my head time and time again this past 24hours and can truly say that hem must have been doing around if not over 30mph on this very busy stretch and, ironically, if he'd been doing less I'd have been further in front of him and have difficulty considering what may have happened. Luckily the local school was on holiday as, at that time, even more children would have been in that location. Why should we citizens have to be lucky that no further harm was done?

As to confused and the good samaritan he took care of him and ensured that was not further assaulted, something I also had to do despite what had just happened. Wasn't expecting that and at that stage had no idea what had happened before him hitting me. And also, confused, a newspaper report isn't an accurate breakdown of what happened. He was in an unconscious out of it stage when the vehicle crashed. He said nothing, not even an apology, yet I felt a desire to apologise to inconvenienced drivers even though I held no blame. make of it what you will but this guy did bad.

I hope we see more of this type of action.

Not the drink-driving, but the beating.

There's no respect anymore for the rule of law or other people, so until the authorities actually start acting with some common sense with law-breakers and anti-social behaviour, this type of retribution NEEDS to happen.

Oh wait, Labour are in power, duh.
:thud:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'd LOVE you to do that to my bike. The Old Bill would have a field day with you, carrying a blade capable of slashing a tyre all i'd get is 3 points and a £60 fine :D

First offence, I bet I would get away with a warning:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I bet you wouldn't, a crazed lunatic walking around with a bloody great knife, slashing motorbike tyres. I reckon you'd do a stretch matey

The things some people get away with nowadays I wouldn't at all be surprised if I got off scott-free:lolol:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
what are you lot like

The question is, were you the person who gave the Audi driver a hiding would you expect to be prosecuted and punished by the authorities?

If someone were to harm my sons, then I don't think I'd be able to control myself, but I would accept the consequence of my actions.

If you think he should get away with it, then the state may as well go back to flaying people who steal from churches, and cutting off the hands of pickpockets.

And we've moved on from this, haven't we?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's the kind of direct action that has you going YES! :clap2:

It's a victimless crime.

The drunk-driver deserved a bloody good hiding from every parent in the vicinity. If he'd killed a baby in a buggy he'd have got off far lighter than the lifetime sentence the parents would have got.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you knock a 50 year old unconscious there is something like a 58% chance of killing him. There is quite a high chance of brain damage.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
If you knock a 50 year old unconscious there is something like a 58% chance of killing him. There is quite a high chance of brain damage.

Do You Have The Stats To Hand Of The Chances Of Killing Someone If You Are 4 Times Over The Limit In A Car?

I Don't Think Too Many People On Here Give A Toss About This Particular 50 Year Old, Perseus.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Its safe to assume we aren't busting a nut to find the guy who was clearly trying to help the drunk driver exit his vehicle. Nothing like some summary street justice when its clearly merited!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its safe to assume we aren't busting a nut to find the guy who was clearly trying to help the drunk driver exit his vehicle. Nothing like some summary street justice when its clearly merited!

It's like that big daft boy baggage-handler at Glasgow Airport who got to kick that failed terrorist in the nuts. Back of the net!

:goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here