Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus say it's Friday

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Brighton and Hove Albion fans are used to waiting.

The Falmer decision has taken an eternity but, if John Prescott finally says yes on Friday, the wait will have been well worthwhile.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/sport/SPORT1.html

IF they are correct a Friday press release sounds bad news for the club. On the other hand it might be yes and they want to bury a controversial planning decision.

My moneys on the Argus being wrong.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The guy knows more about brain surgery then what is going on at our club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Friday is a bad news day traditionally, feel depressed now. Naylor is a Stoke City supporting CHISLA though.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Read it again!
The Argus is IMHO doing what a load of folk have done and taking "the end of October" to mean that is when the announcement will be made!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Naylor knows no more than you or I. He would have rung the ODPM press office and got the standard reply of "by 31 October 2005". Just like I did. Now if he had a source somewhere I think he would no more than the ffing date.

What a lazy journalist trying to fill a page.

Quite a lot of what Naylor says is completely accurate ...

"The Coca-Cola Kid's second goal for the club after replacing Jake Robinson cancelled out Lee Peacock's 55th-minute opener for Wednesday".

Some of it is mere speculation ...

"the players clearly thrive in such environments".

And some of what he writes may be hearsay.

Hearsay is sometimes true. And sometimes not. It depends upon the source.

:glare:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They were awful when Mylene left though

Sep 20, 2005
s.stubbs said:
Exactly,wanker couldn't find his own arse with both hands....

But.............he's correct in saying that. Without the equaliser, we would be on 13 points, the same as Coventry, but with a worse goal difference and would therefore have been.........in the relegation zone.

So, er, Mr Naylor was right. Apology to follow, no doubt.

Erh, possibly Naylor got Friday from what Mark McGhee said last night?

Sorry, but I don't understand the hostility that everyone seems to have against Andy Naylor.

Are you all saying that the Argus footie correspondant should be a Brighton fan, wearing rose coloured glasses et al?

So what if he's a Stoke fan? He still watches the games!! He's a sports reporter for fecks sake. Can't say that I have ever read one of his write-ups and thought you are way out of line.

Certainly not in the way that I do when I read an Albion review in the National Press, which always seem to demean us in some way.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
99% of those on NSC are Albion fans, but we do not have rose tinted specs about the team.

Naylor comes across a lot of the time as a mealy mouthed smug git, a bit like London Irish but not quite as much arrogance.

Ian Hart's love of the Albion shines through all the time, and his is clearly a labour of love rather than 'just another job'

Also Naylor lived down my road as a kid and was always too snooty to play football down the park with the rest of us.

1959 said:
But.............he's correct in saying that. Without the equaliser, we would be on 13 points, the same as Coventry, but with a worse goal difference and would therefore have been.........in the relegation zone.

No apology required,as we would have been on-6 and Cov on -7
thankyou anyway.

El Presidente said:
99% of those on NSC are Albion fans, but we do not have rose tinted specs about the team.

Naylor comes across a lot of the time as a mealy mouthed smug git, a bit like London Irish but not quite as much arrogance.

Ian Hart's love of the Albion shines through all the time, and his is clearly a labour of love rather than 'just another job'

Also Naylor lived down my road as a kid and was always too snooty to play football down the park with the rest of us.

I've never met the guy and cannot comment on "mealy mouthed smug git". I wouldn't say he comes across like that on paper.

To be fair, Ian Hart is not a sports journalist. I don't see that a love of the Albion has to come across when writing a review of a match. I prefer balance and facts. I wouldn't say that he shows any dislike for the Albion, either.

As for the last point, maybe he was just better than you!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
dave the gaffer said:
They were awful when Mylene left though

Wasn't it Kym that left? Leaving Mylene, Suzanne, Shrek and the Other One, plus some other person they recruited. As Angela Rowlands would undoubtedly concur, they were very much a tuppenny ha'penny group. But Mylene had fine bosoms.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
1959 said:

fool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here