Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Poll on LDC decision for JR

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
dougdeep said:

They don't have a clue do they?

That is the whole problem-they don't have a clue and they probably never will. This issue has been dragging on for years and still people think we're wanting to demolish the village (not such a bad idea in itself) and build where the frigging pond is:angry:

It is definitely time to stop referring to the stadium as Falmer-that is playing into all of the antis, tree huggers, downsmen, CPRE, unwashed students against the stadium and generally uninformed's hands.

We needed a catchy name (FFA) during the campaigning but now we should be letting everybody know that the stadium will be built in Brighton and Hove. If we don't tell them the truth LDC and Co. will feed them their usual pack of lies which has clearly worked.

Last edited:

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
"Vanessa Watkins-Bartlett, 37, of South Heighton, near Newhaven, said: "I would be quite upset if I lived in Falmer but it has got to go somewhere. It should probably be somewhere else, though. It's a tough call but I would say if there is another site then it should be explored and the council is doing its job.""

This for me sums up how so many uninformed people must feel, sadly. My own brother felt like this a few months ago and after a brief (25 minute) run down of what had been going on, who had been involved and how long the whole process had taken, he had entirely changed his opinion. He was a little confused about where the LDV were coming from after that! :)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
To be honest, people who are stopped in the street by reporters who write down the first thing that comes out of their gobs are never going to provide the most accurate facts. There will be random people in Lewes who've followed this case by half-reading the Argus every so often and catching South-East Today once or twice. They haven't all got Lord Bracknell's reasoning to catch up on every afternoon!

But LI is right, the Argus is doing a brilliant job for us :bowdown: :bowdown:

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Looks like I have been dissed for the second time this week along with Richard Hammond in Henry Page of Newhaven's letter.

Isn't it great that I too make mistakes in thinking that the stadium is outside LDC's boundaries & need to be put staight.

I really can no longer be bothered to write in again.

And who is this David pritchard of Southwick? Probably a Palce supporter.:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I find it :p that some people are under the impression that LDC will only be throwing 25 grand away with the JR - is this political mathematics at work here ? We need to make everyone aware that in reality the sums involved are mega.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That work by the Argus pretty much sums up what we picked up from Lewes residents on Thursday evening when getting the petitions.

Some people from outside the town of Lewes (but still fom inside the LDC area) were not all that aware of what was going on. The Lewes residents, on the other hand, were VERY aware of what was happening. The vast majority were against the council's actions - some were EXTREMELY pissed off - 'bunch of wankers the f***ing lot of them'.

Some said they didn't particularly like the idea of the stadium at Falmer, or were ambivalent to the stadium, but accepted that a due deomcratic process had taken place, and that the council should accept it - and happily signed.

One bloke, who was so thick and vehemently against the stadium, saying (without irony) he'd happily bomb the stadium when it was built, still signed the petition. The gormless prat.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:

One bloke, who was so thick and vehemently against the stadium, saying (without irony) he'd happily bomb the stadium when it was built, still signed the petition. The gormless prat.

You couldn't make it up could you?

*checks that it isn't an Easy10 post*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here