Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus NIMBY-slaying

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
seriously if people actually went to a game to see what exactly the club and fans were about i'm sure we would've shortened this wait but so many people make up there own myths and stick to them

FAR easier to stick to an ill-informed ingrained perpetual stereotype than it is to actually bother to go and find out for yerself though, unfortunately. Thats why the likes of Septicman and antifalmer continue to peddle the same tired old claptrap - its all they know, because they've simply not bothered to go and find out for themselves.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes, I can explain why. If you mean will I, then no, it's been done a thousand times. :bla:

Or maybe you just don't fancy seeing your anti-stadium arguments torn to shreds yet again! Are you struggling to choose which ludicrous objection to recycle, should it be the concern for the non-existant bats, the laughable claim that we will clog up the village by parking there and walking to the stadium, or perhaps just throw in one of the desperately inferior "alternative sites". Oh choices, choices.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Gritty.

Good work sir.

:thumbsup:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As fun as it's been, I'm off. See you in the traffic jam that will be Falmer on match days......

Sorry mate, I'll be using the train

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Considering I don't think any of us here will be driving there - or indeed, for the most part - passing through the village the stadium is not located in - that will be somewhat hard, won't it.

I will

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

( well the wife will...:lolol:)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I will

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

( well the wife will...:lolol:)

:angry:

4B9C4588-4F35-4886-8EE8-64053AB89189_carbonfootprint.jpg

Yoda

English & European
Does Sceptic Tank even realise that the AONB was awarded before the University of Brighton was even built on the site and the council just ‘forgot’ about it? :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You clearly don't understand what a Walter Mitty complex is do you? If you did, you would understand that I do not have any delusions or even illusions (but not allusions as you wrote) of having been in a role in the past that makes me feel important.

For you, there will be no killer argument against Falmer. How could there be?
So, illiterate as well as deluded.

Of course there isn't going to be a killer argument against Falmer if you can't come up with it. :shootself:

You are struggling big time. Go and find a dictionary.

I will ask again, what is your reasoning behind not wanting a ground at Falmer? Is it merely NIMBYism, or do you have some proper reason for not wanting it, and have an alternative sight which will not be dogged by the same (or any other probem)? This is a great platform for someone to put over a good, reasoned argument as to why Falmer is not the correct place for a stadium.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Added my bit,its always been my contention that it is to be built in the confines of the city so whats it got to do with anyone else.:albion2::falmer:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Phew! That's a relief! A page back it appeared that the Septically Challenged one had fecked off before I'd had the chance to finish my breakfast kebab, stone the ducks at Falmer Pond, rape a ready oiled-youth's bottom AND polish the pointy sticks on me chariot.

_964_0_0.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Bollocks

carbon footprint my arse.

In China they are opening 2 coal fired power stations a week, more cars are being sold in China than the US at the moment and the chinese cows fart more methane than hot air from LDC.

My car journey is the equivalent of a gain of sand on the sea bed of the Pacific Ocean.

Global warming ...PAH..

and another thing........I want to park outside Cuttress's house

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will ask again, what is your reasoning behind not wanting a ground at Falmer? Is it merely NIMBYism, or do you have some proper reason for not wanting it, and have an alternative sight which will not be dogged by the same (or any other probem)? This is a great platform for someone to put over a good, reasoned argument as to why Falmer is not the correct place for a stadium.

I too would be interested in hearing an argument that is not based on nimbyism or a fear of sterotyped football fans running riot every other weekend. this if I recall correctly was one of the main arguments put forward for not allowing the Albion to play at Withdean. It has proved to be totally unfounded paranoia (which to a degree I do understand, but the organisation and lack of anything other than a noise and milling fans at Withdean has disproved)

Let's hear some reasons that are different and reasonable antifalmer plse.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Reading his/her posts and the snide language I think he/she is just a bog-standard Tory NIMBY (or NOPE or NOTE) rather than a Green BANANA. He/she simply doesn't want the Great Unwashed congregating in their thousands at the edge of Brighton, and certainly not to enjoy such low-brow events as football matches. However he/she isn't stupid; they haven't suggested an altermative site because they've kept up with the argument and know there isn't one - all the others (as the last Public Enquiry proved) are worse than the already less-than-ideal Falmer site.

Soccer is for people who live in Portsmouth or dreadful places like that isn't it antifalmer? Not for our lovely area which is, major dual-carriageway, flyover, railway and two university campuses notwithstanding - quite pretty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here