Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus news forums

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know this place has its fair share of dunderheads and others not handicapped by the issue of having to think before they post, but some of the online comments on the Argus website (after each news story) are plain mental.

The Eastbourne Dad story is a case in point. Sure those kids were irresponsible, but you'd think some of them on there would be happier if those kids were shot. Also, remember Anti-Septic (or whatever his name was) who made the leap from the Cuckoo's Nest that is the Argus forums over here, blathering on about he was in the majority not wanting the stadium at Falmer, blah, blah, blah - then promptly f***ed off back to the Arsegas free-for-all?

Do they have moderators on there, or is it a fill-yer-boots site?

Whatever, some of the people on there are odd. Very odd.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Most newspaper websites at that level allow people to leave whatever messages they like, but perhaps have a web editor who then removes any reported as unacceptable or offensive.

I doubt very much there is someone sat there moderating it, especially considering the widespread job losses currently hitting Newsquest.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It does seem entertainingly unmoderated - strange when they're dealing with stories to do with local people having died the previous day, for example. Not sure it's always entirely appropriate.

But there are some very funny fuckers on there too: I saw some bloke posting who vehemently denied ever frequenting brothels and prostitutes, no matter what news story he was commenting on, so under "Lancing leisure centre gets face-lift", he'd write "Brasses, tarts, call them what you want, I've NEVER been a client".

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There was a great one yesterday a poster having a pop at Jo Anne-Good the ex SCR presenter. having a go at her by saying she had given up on Brighton and been very derogatory about the place. It then appered that she responded saying she still lived by the dials and had been accused of going on too much about our fine city on London radio.
:lol:

I imgaine I am as sad for reading them.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Saltdean's own facially spider tattoo-ed Cannabis Martyr Dave Vernon is my personal favourite, whenever another legalise drugs debate rears its head. He is the scientific proof of the lnk between heavy cannabis use and mental illness. His psychotic anger and rants are legendary.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is sort of gruesomely entertaining. They get away with stuff on there that would not go un-moderated on NSC. Reckon a good laugh one day would be for the whole of NSC to post on some random Argus story and see how many comments could be racked up before their site crashed :lol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The best comment was one from some journo who said:

"Is this an exclusive story by Lee Gibbs? Its just it looks remarkably similar to one I had published in the Independent earlier this week..."

Needless to say THAT got moderated quite quickly.

eagle16

Oct 15, 2011
President Obama is doing a fine job concerning the Afghan War. By listening to his Generals he is handling this War the right way. I do not understand how conservative Republicans can say that he is weakening the country when, just to remind them, under the Bush Administration we had the largest terrorist attack against the USA in history. Under President Obama no such terrorist attacks of that scale have happened. So I think the Republican supporters should be writing a Thank-You note to President Obama for keeping us safe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here