Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought Dobbie was a brilliant signing at the time (as did the despondent Blackpool fans). He never really fitted in but that doesn't make him a dud. I'd be very happy to see him have another go at The Albion. Quality players don't become crap overnight - it is far more likely a fitness/formation/personality clash issue.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
when Dobbie was signed, the view of the management was we were very lucky to get someone with his pedigree and the dissapointment was felt that he was never really absorbed into the previous regime's plans. It wasnt a panic buy as some suggest, he was on teh radar for some time.

It would not surprise me one bit if he is being looked at again. Playing this more attacking and quicker style would suit him playing off Ulloa.

I'm sure Gus said that he thought Craig was going to Norwich meaning he had to find a new striker quickly. Which would suggest Dobbie was a panic buy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Play Kazenga Lualua as a second striker (Peter Ward, Suarez style). Got to be worth a try before he really gets fed up with being on the bench every game!

He can't do worse than Macca!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Trying to keep up with the story here...as it stands today we don't have a loan striker ready for the Reading game...is that right or have I missed something?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Play Kazenga Lualua as a second striker (Peter Ward, Suarez style). Got to be worth a try before he really gets fed up with being on the bench every game!

Well, Kazenga's got a shot on him thats for sure.

I'm not going to make a score prediction because we usually lose when I do. The fact of the matter is Reading are shipping goals left, right and centre at the moment. Their recent games against Watford and Peterborough spring to mind. We shouldn't pay them too much respect in terms of our formation/tactics on Sunday arvo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A loan signing is definately coming in today. I have no names though.

I've heard that we may see some action before Reading, be it a striker or cover for Orlandi, but it's not certain. One thing worth noting is we have moved on from Obika to someone 'better'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we're after a striker AND cover for Orlandi, I'd say the midfield cover is just as urgent, if not more for Sunday, so that may take precedence

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

The way OG was speaking after the last game,i would say KLL will be playing a bigger part this season.i would like to think so anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 1m
BREAKING NEWS: The club has just completed a loan deal, which will be announced at 3pm today.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 29s
BREAKING NEWS! #BHAFC have signed Scottish international winger Craig Conway on loan from @CardiffCityFC .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here