Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus lite

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There's never any Metros on the 12/12A bus at 7.45am. They don't get them until later in the day.
French out!!

there are metros on the 6.48 no 27 from saltdean to Brighton station every morning. But not on the 6.51 no 12

Hope that helps

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Heard yesterday that a new free mens style mag (yuk) is going to be given free in London soon. Anyone know anything about this?

think I saw someone reading it yesterday - "the mag for blokes with more than one thing on their mind."

What a shite selling point

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I have yesterdays metro which was laying on the seat when I got on the 9am from Victoria yesterday morning...appeared fairly much unread too!! I have finished with it now and its yours for NOTHING!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Does anybody else scan the evening freebie papers where people write in stuff like:

"bloke in sharp suit, gets the 06.47 to Victoria everyday and does the sudoku. I think you're really hot - get in touch"

only to see if someone's written about you?

...and yes, it is very deluded and narcissistic of me.:cool:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Does anybody else scan the evening freebie papers where people write in stuff like:

"bloke in sharp suit, gets the 06.47 to Victoria everyday and does the sudoku. I think you're really hot - get in touch"

only to see if someone's written about you?

...and yes, it is very deluded and narcissistic of me.:cool:

I read those, I'm not sure exactly why but they are mildly addictive. Incidentally, I much prefer the LITE to the London Paper to the point of refusing a London Paper and sometimes going in search of a LITE. Am I alone in this strange behaviour?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I read those, I'm not sure exactly why but they are mildly addictive. Incidentally, I much prefer the LITE to the London Paper to the point of refusing a London Paper and sometimes going in search of a LITE. Am I alone in this strange behaviour?
Yes you are, because LITE is SHITE compared to the superior London Paper. Which has City Boy, and Lezza about the place or whatever and a more challenging fiendish level sudoku.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes you are, because LITE is SHITE compared to the superior London Paper. Which has City Boy, and Lezza about the place or whatever and a more challenging fiendish level sudoku.

not just me that's sick to f***ing death of Amy Winehouse every effing day in the Lite, then. It's like reading the Daily Mail at times. Quite like that cartoon strip with that Goth girlie in the Lite too.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I have only finished the difficult one 3 times since its been going:rant::rant::rant:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Well that's pretty emphatic, no support for the LITE.

I still prefer it and as for it reading like the Daily Mail, they both do. I wouldn't give a brass farthing for either.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
OB-AE592_oilpal_20061121175021.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just buy the paper: we get the Argus delivered and it's a £1 a week.

Does it really break the bank to pay 16p a day?

No, but I used to have it delivered until a few months back. The trouble is it doesn't arrive til 7pm and Im busy in the evenings, which given that I leave for work at 6.45am, isnt much use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here