Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Letters

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
From the Argus letters page. This chap makes a good point, but then follows it up with a rather silly suggestion.

Must do better 6 out of 10.

Letter: A map to silence stadium's moaners

I wish The Argus would publish a map of the exact location and area where Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club have permission to build their new stadium.

It is evident Tom Hickmore (Letters, November 9), as with about 50 per cent of writers to the Letters page moaning about the stadium, has no idea where it is to be built.

The green and pleasant Stanmer Park, situated on the north side of the Brighton bypass, close to the University of Sussex, will not be affected.

The stadium is to be built is near Brighton University, on the south side of the Brighton bypass.

This vibrant city demands a professional football team of premiership quality and, if necessary, we should rename the team Brighton City.

-Roy V Hilliard, Portslade

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
and, if necessary, we should rename the team Brighton City.

WHAT :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
D'oh
He souned such a sensible chap too, right up to the very last few words. His hearts in the right place, but Roy is clearly just a little 'misguided'. He's still infinately more sensible than most of the NIMBY dullards that have been stinking up that letters page lately though.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's amazing that there is still a certain amount of ignorance about the location of the stadium after all this time. It's the bloody NIMBYs fault (isn't it always) for trying to convince everyone that it was it beuatifull downland rather than next to a railway line and main trunk road.
One last map is needed to show once and for all where it'll be and then we can get on with supporting the Brighton White Sox.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
He sounded such a sensible chap too, right up to the very last few words.
Now I wonder who's like that on here with his news reports. ??? :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
80's Seagull said:
One last map is needed to show once and for all where it'll be and then we can get on with supporting the Brighton White Sox.

I prefer Team Albion :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
80's Seagull said:
It's amazing that there is still a certain amount of ignorance about the location of the stadium after all this time. It's the bloody NIMBYs fault (isn't it always) for trying to convince everyone that it was it beuatifull downland rather than next to a railway line and main trunk road.
there is a map with the article that does show where the ground will be.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dick Knights Mum said:
as noted by another poster of this parish - we should never have called it Falmer. We should have gone with Moulescombe.

Or even Moulsecoomb!

Were you referring to me, by the way, or has someone else made the same point recently? I recall making the point in the initial thread with reference to the deprived area in which the stadium will be located.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dick Knights Mum said:
as noted by another poster of this parish - we should never have called it Falmer. We should have gone with Moulescombe.

Surely then our team should be called Brighton Scoomber Tigers, rather than the Brighton Falmer Duck Pond Seagulls. Or something.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
sully said:
Or even Moulsecoomb!

Were you referring to me, by the way, or has someone else made the same point recently? I recall making the point in the initial thread with reference to the deprived area in which the stadium will be located.

I made that point but several years ago, surely people on NSC wouldn't be so sad as to remember posts that were made back in the mists of history?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
REDLAND said:
and, if necessary, we should rename the team Brighton City.

We could follow the example of Inverness Caledonian Thistle,and become Brighton and Hove Albion City,or Brighton and Hove Albion City United Wanderers County.......F.C.

Or recognise this idea as a lot of cods.

Which I have.

As will 99.8% of NSC.

E

enigma

Cheers Ron. Good letter, shame about the end. Still better than half the titwipes that write into the argus though.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Now here is a radical idea, how about we call ourselves Brighton and Hove Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here