Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Latest - They read it first on NSC... Now read what they've said

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I would have thought that it was not likely that they could delay it on the National Park question as it would have been agreed even though the site was 'officially' in an AONB at the time of the decision. De-scoping the AONB would surely only vindicate the decision or give us extra ammunition if they did manage another appeal.

Having seen the evidence that was submitted to Ruth Kelly, I would have thought that the AONB issue has pretty much been done to death by ALL parties.

Ruth Kelly specifically asked the parties to present evidence relating to the proposed designation of the South Downs National Park. LDC and the Albion set out their respective arguments at some length. The decision, when it comes, will undoubtedly take all of this evidence into full account.

The point about today's development is that it gives LDC absolutely nothing more to strengthen their case against the Falmer stadium. They must be feeling very glum about that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Martin Perry and Paul Samrah were interviewed on SCR this morning and without saying it is a yes in as many words, Perry was certainlyvery confident.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:falmerspi:banana::dance::goal::albion2::smokin:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" No one from Lewes District Council was yesterday available for comment. "

That just about sums up the last 2 years.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I can see it now - Argus headline of "ITS A YES", footage of DK and MP on the local news drinking champers oh hang on, haven't we seen that before?!

A yes decision to me is an eventual certainty, its just a shame that technically we have already had the celebration. I personally will be enjoying a big sigh of relief and a mutter of "Thank God for that".

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
At the risk of sounding wet, I think I'll cry when the "yes" verdict is given. I shall certainly kiss the nearest woman to me when I learn of the decision. I just hope that I don't learn of the decision while I'm at work, as my boss (who sits next to me) looks like a troll.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
"What is especially encouraging is that the inspector said he would have moved the boundary regardless of the stadium. It is a ploughed field surrounded by a road, a train track and buildings - not an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty".

:drink::albion2::flameboun

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
" No one from Lewes District Council was yesterday available for comment. "

That just about sums up the last 2 years.

Make that 5 years when it was first called in for a public inquiry.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Falmer is in the bag.Might as well start to celebrate :drink::falmer::falmer::falmer::falmer:

One shouldn't tempt fate. Mate been out with (this girl) Fay for ten years, proposed and she said yes, mates said it's about time and Jamie had said it was always in the bag, took everything for granted, a week before the wedding and Fay said she didn't think he was the right peoson for her. sad really, thought they were a perfect match, they seemed compatible in every sense. just goes to show that nothings in the bag until it's confirmed.

I really hope your celebrations turn too fruition.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
"What is especially encouraging is that the inspector said he would have moved the boundary regardless of the stadium. It is a ploughed field surrounded by a road, a train track and buildings - not an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty".

:smokin::salute:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great stuff! More good signs...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here