Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus lashes Brighton players!

Albion Rob

A rathjer sniffy piece from Simon Bradshaw in his coloumn today castigating John Piercy and Adam Hishelwood for their antics at the Agrus Job Fair. In a nutshell, John pretended to be Adam and Adam pretended to be th club physio. The trainee reporter that Bradshaw sent along was fooled by this gag and the paper went to press with these errors. Many would say a harmless prank with no harm done. But not Bradshaw, apparantly.

He suggested: "the Albion players should concentrate on getting it right on the field."

A salutary lesson for those of you who enjoy sending the office junior to pick up a set of skyhooks or left-handed fork handles....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh sweet jesus....footballers are not allowed to have a SENSE OF HUMOUR? :eek:

Simon Bradshaw I suggest YOU get one you miserable old git!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Oh bloody hell, got the wrong Adam cos I didn't read it properly, sorry. It's obviously the Albion's fault. They should start getting up the league table before they go round signing players witrh the same name. I mean it's a disgrace. Call themselves professionals?

But Bradshwaw or one of his sub-editors should have picked up this very obvious error in the reporter's copy.

this just shows how slapdash the Argus has become with facts.

Perhaps editors should remember the old mantra about reporting" Check, check anc check again. And then double check."

:lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh bloody hell, got the wrong Adam cos I didn't read it properly, sorry. It's obviously the Albion's fault. They should start getting up the league table before they go round signing players witrh the same name. I mean it's a disgrace. Call themselves professionals?
yeah whos idea was it to have a team with 3 bloody adams in it? :jester:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Perhaps he should look at himself and consider whether the reporter he sent to do his dirty work had done his research before he went. Who gives a shit if they took the piss out of the reporter. As long as they acted responsibly to the public which is what they were there for.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I sent someone up to Halfords once to get a menstrual cycle and some fallopian tubes. Does that make me a nasty person?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I sent someone up to Halfords once to get a menstrual cycle and some fallopian tubes. Does that make me a nasty person?

I once told the office blonde I was gay but not sure of my sexuality and wondered if she could help me find out which way I am...

...was that wrong?

I dont THINK so :p

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm off to homebase to get some tartan paint - does this make me a bad person?

Bradshaw is a tosser!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Argus exclusive: Inflatable Dartboards available soon!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
When are they going to decimalise the clock system again?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We once sent a lad onto the beach to get a bit of foam from every seventh wave. He came back soaking wet and with a bucket half full. "How do you know that's from every seventh wave?" we asked. "I counted 'em" he replied. "But did you start counting from the right wave?"

He was also sent to the Stores Manager for the tradional long weight and a bubble for a spirit level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here