Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus Get It Wrong AGAIN

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't think so.
I seem to remember them hosting Pompey on a sunny August first-day afternoon when they moved back.

Incorrect

Charlton Athletic Stadium History Picture Gallery

December 5th, 1992
Charlton finally come home. Colin Walsh scores the winning goal in a 1-0 victory against Portsmouth at The Valley. The old east terrace is closed and temporary seating is in place under the west.

Charlton7477Gallery.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
2/10 then

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In fact, has any club ever moved stadium mid-season? Can't think of one. Maybe its not even allowed?

Slavia Prague's first game at their new stadium was the last match of the season. Which sounds crazy - but they'd just won the title and could have the presentation at the same time. What a celebration! (They'd been waiting years to get back to the right part of town and playing in a dump of a ground).

Would love it if things panned out so that we were in the same situation!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
The stadium will be used by BHA first team in anger at the start of the 2011/2012
season,although it will be ready before then it will have to be tested when 1/4 full,1/2 full 3/4 full and then full to test the facilities and all the other equipment that goes with a new stadium.The Argus are just a bunch of useless reporters.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The Argus, like all regional newspapers, has suffered massive cutbacks in staff so it's not surprise jouranalistic standards are slipping. The fact the reporter got it wrong is bad enough but for the Argus news editor and subs desk to let these errors through is a shame.

They made their proof readers redundant ages ago.

Last week they even put the wrong day on the banner on the front page - does it get much poorer than that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here